passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

Well - I suck so far :) Only played on it for about half an hour mind - will give it a proper thrashing when the kids have gone to bed. Zangief seems really powerful and the fat guy does as well. Tried C.Viper - not impressed. Chun-li feels very different from 2 - she reminds me more of SF3 Chun-li. Ive had the most success with Ryu so far :blush:

Chun-Li is very different. I jump in expecting her to be like SFII, but her range is slightly worse I think - especially on jumping I think. I got thrashed by Zangief on Easy arcade mode, the dude is a bastard.

Yeah, she's definately one of the characters they've stripped back, in the long run that might be for the best.

To clear up the character unlocking situation (sort of), the list to unlock the normal characters thats on the net is right (Chun li unlocks Fei Long, Viper - Cammy etc), but the way to get Akuma and Gouken is a bit different than what I've seen on the net.

You dont need to complete the game with every character, you just have to unlock all the other characters, then get get at least one perfect (I got a few so you may need two), but dont finish your fights with Ultras. This should unlock Akuma. With Gouken you need a couple of perfects and a couple Ultra finishes (yeah a bit vague). I was getting fights against Gouken over and over because i was getting an ultra finish, which according to most places on the net is the right way to do it. I'm pretty sure you cant use continues, but by the time you've unlocked everyone you should be good enough on the easiest setting to do all the requirements no problem

Akuma - After unlocking Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 2 Ultra Finishes.

Gouken - After unlocking Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 3 Ultra Finishes.

How is Gouken btw?

Zangief is an absolute beast - I just cant get past him in arcade mode. Viper isnt as bad as I thought she would be - I am determined to unlock Cammy.

Easy mode is solid as well - I dread to think what Medium is like :)

Ive been online - not many people there yet - at least it seems to take ages getting a match. Im currently on 3 wins and 1 loss which isnt too bad!

I love it!

* 2/17 - Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.

* 2/24 - Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.

* 3/3 - Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.

* 3/10 - Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.

* 3/17 - Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

The DLC costume packs, going to be 320MS points each :mellow: or all for 1000 :mellow:

Akuma - After unlocking Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 2 Ultra Finishes.

That Akuma one is wrong, I didnt use a single Ultra. Gouken I've not got yet (a mate came round to watch the footy), but I've fought him plenty of times and I think i might have lost a round or two, maybe not hough :huh:

Edit: I've just got Gouken but I got 5 perfects and at least 4 ultras so ive no idea if that ones right or not

Further Edit: It might count when you use supers to finish, I think I deliberately avoided them with Akuma just to be sure, but now I cant remember. Either way it's easier than having to get Ultras, assuming you're on best of 3 rounds anyway

Double post

Dont know if this applies to anyone on here

Doubt this has been posted here, but there are reports of defects in the Mad Catz Standard Edition stick.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176026

Apparently a design defect has been found within the MadCatz Street Fighter IV Fight stick ($80 version).

This defect is a design issue that would appear to effect all $80 MadCatz Fight Sticks.

It has a washer on the stick that scrapes against the PCB (circuit board). This eats away at the connections and destroys the stick, rendering it useless.

If you have this stick and you notice the stick "sticking" or not responding... this is probably the reason why.

There is a thread over at SRK about it. Judging from a comment in the thread from the sticks designer, this defect was brought to the attention of the manufacturer last week.

It seems that MadCatz is maintaining its record of poor quality. It is advisable to avoid these fight sticks until newer batches fix the problem.

It appears MadCatz will "Take care of you" but... when... thats not known. Its more than likely that they dont have replacement parts that solve this design issue yet.

The only immediate solution is to simply replace the stick itself with an aftermarket arcade stick.

i'm assuming we get the same sticks as the americans?

I played a bit more online last night - I couldnt seem to find a decent connection at all tho, all my matches ended up very laggy. The little bar that shows how strong the connection never showed any bars! This plus people who are already amazing at the game ruined my 75% success rate - probably down to about 10% now :o

My mission tonight is to finish Easy (should be renamed "teeny tinily a little bit less difficult then medium and if you are against Zangief you are fucked") and unlock Cammy.

I've never had a one bar online match yet either. I can't even join any online matches from the XBL menu, they always fail. I can only play online when I have requests on during arcade, and they tend to be laggy. Hopefully it's just because there's not many people playing in Europe yet.

I've never successfully joined a match yet - only created a room and had someone join me. (got me an achievement after the tenth time I think)

Currently I am using the standard Xbox controller but hopefully I will have a madcatz pad on the way - not read anything bad about them....yet.

I'm tempted by this too and i'm really not into fighting games, but since recently enjoying Soul CAlibur so much.... and reading that SFIV offers fun to all levels of players i think i might crack if i see it on Friday.

Unfortunately i don't think i'll bother with the 360 version though as the D-pad is a joke and i can't really justify forking out for a special controll pad just for one game.... so if i do get it, it will be on the PS3.

I guess i will fight alone.