passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Teh Awesome Achievements thread

illdog

• 3 weeks later...

oh aye it will. but ill soon earn that back, gonna go through gears again and theres the borderlands dlc to deal with at some point. i did do a bit of maths though, if i was to 1k every game i bought until my max available gamerscore was 100k (its like 63k now), so thats 1k 30-odd games, id still only have 90% gamerscore completion. so any climbing from 85% or so is gonna be SLOW

I did the whole percentage thing until I decided to fuck it off. I started shuning games because I though the achievements looked hard, which is silly really. Just a number at the end of the day innit? I rarely look at achievements before I get games now, unless I am sure to get the game anyway. I just looked my completion is 60.88%. I could get that up to maybe 62 if I replayed all my games and whored them up some, but I can't be arsed.

I bet Ben is grinding his teeth.

Remember I posted that thread ages ago about the challenge of playing a game without looking at the achievement list until you've pretty much finished? Since then that's all I've done, I rarely if ever look at the cheev list until I'm about 75% of the way through. It's very liberating, you get the best of both worlds - having the challenge of achievements while still playing a game purely as you used to.

a lot of games i dont look at the achievements for the first run either - mainly story driven games where keeping an eye on the cheeves would detract from the atmosphere. I only really go back to games when theres nothing new around; theres no games i want, or would pay the asking price for (splinter cell for example) out at the moment until SSFIV. hence back to Conan after a 2 year hiatus :P

• 3 weeks later...