passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Shmup Thread

spatular

Nice one, I thought velocity was pretty good, not played ultra but think it's just the graphics that are different.

3rd week of the shmups forum tournament thing is sengeki striker, which I've never heard of, it's pretty good bullet hell game, but pretty hard, I'm really struggling with the bosses, not got past the 2nd level yet.

Also apparently raiden 4 is coming to pal psn on the 28th, already out in America I think.

yeah raiden 4 did get relelased

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/raiden-iv-overkill/cid=EP4486-NPEB01890_00-RAIDENIVOKEU0001

i've been playing sengeki striker quite a lot, it's sort of good, but most of my score comes from a bit in the first stage that's easy to mess up, and from stage 3 onwards it has checkpoints, i hate checkpoints, without those annoying bits i think i'd really like it.

Crimzon Clover out now on steam!!!!111 under £5 BUY BUY BUY etc. double break is crazy and that second level boss still kicks my ass :fist: fullscreen mode doesn't seem to let you change resolution so i just played in windowed and made the window bigger.

Why would you encourage people to buy a game that will not let you change the resolution in full screen? It like when I encouraged a classmate in college to buy a Saturn Ion, because I wanted someone else to share in my mistake. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah i liked kamui too.

jamestown+ is out on psn wednesday. 2 new levels apparently. i'm not always convinced more levels/longer game is the best way to go but we'll see. guess it's better than noting for the + bit. another game mode with remixed levels/different scoring or enemy placement would probably be better for me anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ mushi steam port is really nice, hope you enjoy it if you give it a try. i wish i was playing it at the moment but instead i'm taking part in the shmups forum tournament and the game this week is sand scorpion...which is a bit rubbish. if you die you're pretty screwed as you lose a lot of attacking power, first 4 levels are pretty boring but still easy to die from random stuff. and you can bomb and still die. oh well the week is nearly over.

back to mushi, i did play the steam version a bit, seems pretty good port now, it always ran ok for me but other people had difficulties at first but there's been a few patches now so most stuff is apparently sorted now. it's a really fun game but i sometimes forget that because the sequel is one of the best 2d shooters ever imo. there's loads of modes, the main game mode, novice, and 1.5, all have 3 settings which play quite differently, original - is more like traditional shmup, less but faster bullets. maniac - bullet hell. and ultra - basically hard mode. and there's another arrange mode too.

• 1 month later...