passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rock Band 2

HandsomeDead

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm about 20 hours into my drumming career and I have just taken the next step from medium onto hard. There are still a fair few songs I don't have down, but I am getting 90%+ on medium even when I do terrible, so it is time to press on. How long did it take everyone else to progress? The only stuff I had any problems with was rated 5 or devil which partly came down to me not playing those songs that much, I find that familiar songs no matter how hard can be done with only a few dropped notes. I'm getting that scary thing going down where my hands are working independent of my brain, it feels like they are reading the note charts and just doing what they should be doing automatically. On the down side, playing for any serious length of time buggers up my right wrist. :weep:

I can't quite remember how long it took me to comfortably get off medium. I remember struggling with High Tides from RB1 on the drums just because of the pace and length. RB1 had a similar structure to the old Guitar Hero games so when I hit my limit on medium I started again on hard, and when I hit my limit on that I went back to where I was stuck on medium and then I'd usually piss through it wondering what the fuss was, and did the same with hard/expert.

• 1 month later...

Just played through the freebie 'RockBand Network Megamix 1' track (on drums), and there was one particular standout track... THIS:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHYi842mByM?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHYi842mByM?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHYi842mByM?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Awesome stuff - just had to purchase the full version!

Plus the same 'artist' has 'Flight of the Bumblebee' on there too...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpbwhrNvOk?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpbwhrNvOk?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpbwhrNvOk?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...

w00ty r00ty t00t

MTV has announced that Bob Marley's Legend compilation will arrive in the Rock Band Store on 22nd September, confirming hints dropped earlier this week.

You can get the whole set for £9.99 on PSN or 1600 Microsoft Points (£13.60 / €19.20) on Xbox 360. Individual tracks cost 99p on PSN, 160 Microsoft Points (£1.36 / €1.92) on Xbox 360 or 200 Points (£1.80) on Wii.

"My father was interested in bringing reggae music to the entire world," Bob's son Ziggy Marley told the MTV Multiplayer Blog, "and now that his music is coming to Rock Band, as the first reggae artist in the game, we are excited to open the doors to reggae music to a whole new group of young people."

Legend's full tracklisting runs:

1. Is This Love

2. No Woman No Cry

3. Could You Be Loved?

4. Three Little Birds

5. Buffalo Soldier?

6. Stir It Up

7. One Love/People Get Ready

8. I Shot the Sheriff

9. Waiting in Vain

10. Redemption Song

11. Satisfy My Soul

12. Exodus

13. Jamming

• 3 weeks later...

did you get any of the bob marley stuff Hendo? any good?

also i think spending that 2400 points this month just got a whole lot easier for me - hendrix album next week "Are You Experienced".

and the dlc for tomorrow seems pretty good too - some REM and t-rex :)

and there's another rodrigo y gabriella song on rbn i need to buy too.

"Are You Experienced?" is a good shout but I'd rather a compilation for Jimi, a lot of album tracks could be poor.

yeah that's a valid concern, pretty much all the first album they put out was kick ass though (if a bit short) so i remain optimistic. still agree a big compilation would be better.

listend to/watched the rem/t-rex stuff last night, really great music, note charts for the best songs didn't look that fun for drums though :(

Didn't buy the album but I did buy Foxy Lady.

I spent a fortune on there today - the Queen pack, Bob Marley Legend album, Lady Gaga pack, "Facination" by Alphabeat ( :raspberry: in advance), the song from I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES, a couple of Jonathon Coulton tracks, "Mr Brightside" by The Killers and "Molly's Chambers" by Kings of Leon. Oh and Gorillaz trackpack and Franz Ferdinand trackpack.

I still might go back for more. :unsure:

I made a setlist of 4 songs in the Tour, decided to make it a camp pop spectacular - had 3 Lady Gaga songs and Alphabeat. Had a great big grin on my face the whole way through, bar the surprisingly hard guitar part on "Facination".

Then they dropped a surprise 5th song and it was Kansas "Carry On My Wayward Son". Totally killed the mood. Never trust a song that has a guitar solo in the first 10 seconds.

I bought 'Purple Haze' & 'Manic Depression' (which is awesome on drums!)... already looking forward to the release of 'Electric Ladyland' - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) FTFW!

Also, Stan Bush's 'The Touch' is now on the Rock Band Network! :)

Who else is getting RB3 on launch day??

Never trust a song that has a guitar solo in the first 10 seconds.

I think you mean always. Wayward Son is camp in its own sort of way, it's a bit of a fist clencher.

Who else is getting RB3 on launch day??

Me! With the keyboard, and hopefully scrape enough money together for other peoples Christmas prezzies and me a pro drum kit.

Me! With the keyboard

same here. really wanted a pro guitar too but not sure what to do about that now.

also agree with Tomahawk about the hendrix stuff, the last 2 albums have been great, a lot better collection than any of the single band games imo. hope they add pro guitar mode to some of the next album.

I've just played a demanding mystery set on the bass. I started on Expert and when it threw Iron Maiden at me, I failed miserably and went down to Hard.

The point is, they threw a song in there that I swear I've not come across before. I didn't recognise it and wondered if someone had been taking the piss and bought some random DLC when I wasn't looking.

It was horrible - all airy, fairy prog rock going on about trees and elves and changed time signature several times.

It turned out to be Rush, no surprise there then.

It was horrible - all airy, fairy prog rock going on about trees and elves and changed time signature several times.

It turned out to be Rush, no surprise there then.

That will be 'The Trees' then, it's awesome, it's actually about racial equality, but with trees.