passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rock Band 2

HandsomeDead

Visions is probably the worst song ever created. What the hell were they smoking/injecting when they decided on it?

EDIT

Aah, guess where the band is from?. I mean I'm all for supporting local bands, but not when they suck this hard. Harmonix, stop putting shitty local bands in your game.

Aah, guess where the band is from?. I mean I'm all for supporting local bands, but not when they suck this hard. Harmonix, stop putting shitty local bands in your game.

They've done that since Guitar Hero, maybe even before. Some of them are quite good though so it balences out. I'm quite fond of the Acrobrats songs that have turned up in various games.

EDIT. I just watched it on youtube too as the name of it didn't ring a bell. I haven't done that one, I thought you were maybe over reacting but it is indeed fucking awful. :D

They've done that since Guitar Hero, maybe even before. Some of them are quite good though so it balences out. I'm quite fond of the Acrobrats songs that have turned up in various games.

EDIT. I just watched it on youtube too as the name of it didn't ring a bell. I haven't done that one, I thought you were maybe over reacting but it is indeed fucking awful. :D

I like Bang Camaro, Freezepop, and I'm quite fond of the new band (The Main Drag?) with that A Jagged Gorgeous Winter song. I can imagine it reeks of double standard putting some Harmonix bands in, and not the others, so maybe that's why you get the likes of Welcome to the Neighborhood and Visions in these games.

Interestingly, Visions is piss easy on vocals, all you do is sing aaahhhhh into the mic and you constantly get 'awesome'.

• 2 weeks later...

ok this is £40 on amazon, but i have a £8 voucher, is it worth getting? I don't have RB1 and i have the GH3 wireless guitar. So i would just be playing the guitar, not drums, although i would probably pick those up at a later date.

ok this is £40 on amazon, but i have a £8 voucher, is it worth getting? I don't have RB1 and i have the GH3 wireless guitar. So i would just be playing the guitar, not drums, although i would probably pick those up at a later date.

Yes! Better setlist and better Guitar playing than GH as well.

We still need to get an MFGamers band on the go.

This arrived last night and i spent the whole evening playing it. Bear in mind this is pretty much my first RB experience.

First impressions are excellent. I love the interface, just the way everything comes together. The fact you can change difficulity on the fly, the in game videos that feel almost random in there execution, the stuff you can do with your characters, you can see the time and effort harmonix have poured into this. Also i like the OSD in the game, so minimal, tells you what you need to know without clutering up the screen.

Also loving all the songs so far, not found one i don't like. Not sure how many i've played though so far, 15 or so maybe. Wasn't expecting stuff like L7 and bikini kill on there which was a nice surprise.

If i do have one slight critism it would be the random set lists in each venue. A lot of the same songs keep coming round and round. I think last night i played duran duran three times on the trot, which is to much DD for my liking.

Apart from that i love it. Infinity better than Guitar Hero 3. Going to be getting the band pack once i get paid, need to get some drumming going on :D

Yep, it's amazing.

I played some challenges last night with DifferentClass, was good fun. It was under the DavidudeOMG's though, so I think we should set up a forum band and get some awesome band action on the go.

I tried using a headset last night to sing and play drums at the same time. It does work, but my voice came put of the TV like a second after I sang it. dunno if that's supposed to happen.

I think a forum band is the way forward. I can't play at night as a drummer, not after nine or so but if the get togethers are earlier then you can count me in. My guitar skills need a little work as David saw when the final solo ownd me on Round and Round. :angry: