passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty : World at War

Oliath

I think its a nice change from COD4, id still play 4 over 5 but when youve been playing 4 solidly for a few months its nice to be able to switch to 5, its different enough to make up for not being quite as good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel I wasted 800 points on these new maps. I don't really like the zombie mode, and the only map I actually like to any degree is Knee Deep. The train station is awful, and the other one seems very lacklustre. I played the new maps on Friday with a couple mates, and all I kept think was I want to play CoD4, I want to play CoD4, so after struggling with the maps for a while, we did. It's so much better.

I dont like going back to the old ones, i probs just keep buying the news one each year, just following the crowd lol

But i do like the map pack for WaW, i think theyre far much better than the original ones and plus no tanks too!

But im not sure bout the zombie one, its good but im finding it alot more difficult, theres alot to do, and plus if u get the teddy bear everyone panics lol

• 2 months later...

Well after trading this in a couple weeks back after not getting on with Map Pack 1 and generally just feeling down about World at War's multiplayer experience, I ended up picking it up new again today in Gamestation. Don't you just hate it when you suddenly get the urge to play something that you don't have anymore? Anyway, I have purchased the Map Pack 2 that came out a couple days ago, to validate my second purchasing of the game.

The new maps are a massive improvement over Treyarch's previous effort. I've played all three of them a few times each tonight on my own with randoms on standard Team Deathmatch, and have had a great time. I'm glad I have given the game another chance. I was just planning on playing 4 until Modern Warfare 2 arrives, but I can see me putting some proper time into this. If, like me, you were left feeling a bit stale with WaW multi, give the new maps a try. Just don't come running to me if you don't like them! They're definitely better than the first pack, though.

Been playing this on and off this week, just the three new multiplayer maps, and I'm still enjoying it a lot. I've been playing solely team deathmatch, and have gone back to the Thompson with aperture sight, which I seem to be holding my own fairly well with. I like all three of the new maps equally, they're very polished and I'm not tiring of them despite playing them constantly on rotation.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this bugger back after trading it in (stupid Ed) and absolutely love the new maps, the Banzai one is a brilliant idea, they all are in fact. Id say that there are very few things that this game does better than COD4 and its the multiplayer maps, I hope that modern warfare 2 picks up some of the maps ideas.

Bought this bugger back after trading it in (stupid Ed)

Uh oh.

and absolutely love the new maps

Phew. :D

They're really good, aren't they? I'm looking forward to playing them some more this week, as I didn't get as much time on it as I'd have hoped last week.

Bought this bugger back after trading it in (stupid Ed)

Uh oh.

and absolutely love the new maps

Phew. :D

They're really good, aren't they? I'm looking forward to playing them some more this week, as I didn't get as much time on it as I'd have hoped last week.

Yeah ive only played once on each map, but I was really impressed, I liked the different heights used and that there doesnt seem to be any obvious kill zones. I can see them being really good for game modes such as headquarters.

• 4 weeks later...

Just played Nazi Zombies for the first time, its pretty cool actually, im assuming that 1) there is a point to it, and 2) its improved playing with several people, which I might try later on.

Im pretty surprised by this extra mode, very house of the dead/that mode at the end on Resi 4, its good.

Triple post, no combo breaker.

Played Nazi Zombies for a little bit last night, the first was good because everyone was talking to each other, but after that it was just idiots not working together, trying to all go to the same window and shoot zombies and not reviving you when you were down.

I also like the argument as to whether to explore the level or just stay combined to one room, as in one game i expanded the whole level and pretty quickly we were all fucked by the amount of zombies that came swarming through the building. I like the random weapon thing, as ive managed to get the flame thrower and also a huge heavy machine gun which massively helped keep the walking dead at bay, and gave me a huge points bonus too.

Map pack 3 is due out 6th August for 800 pts

It will feature three multiplayer maps (“Battery,” “Revolution,” and “Breach”), co-developed with partner Certain Affinity, and one new Zombie map (“Der Riese”).

• 1 year later...

I put this back in today, mop up some final achievements, plus Asda is taking this in for £14 for some reason :/

I just did Heart of Reich on veteran, my god was it annoying, should of completed sooner as well but it glitched one me :angry:

Theres a certain bit tht u cant advance forward till a pillar falls down right at the very end of the level, so many times the pillar didnt fall :angry:

Reznov shouts "Forward men" & "Come with me" but figured out hes no where to be seen, Hes stuck in the second floor of the bulding, so now i have to push him down a hole whilst bullets are flying towards me. :angry:

Bleh, i'm glad the WWII games are over.