Mario Kart Wii

Jimboxy

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've sent out messages to a few Wii forumites who are getting MK Wii, with my Friend Code. You can do this via the MK Channel, it's a nice touch. I got yours, Hendo. And you can accept them like that. I just clicked on the message from you that appeared on my message board, and it took me to the MK Channel and added your code without me having to type it in. :)

I stand corrected!

Yeah I accepted Supagorogoniser's code without having to input it, which was very cool.

I've played the first 3 GP's so far (would've been 4, but bloody Rainbow Road made me screw up the third and have to re-play it <_< ) and I played with the wheel and it works fine for me! It's maybe not perfect if you're a hardcore player but for anyone that just picks it up they shouldn't have a problem with it.

I might try using the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo though for accuracy, rather than the Cube pad, as I was listening to that Retronauts MK special as I played and they said there's one thing you can't do if you use the Cube pad.

The layout of the courses seem a bit simple, in terms of basic design, but there's loads of touches that make it seem a bit more complex.

The Mii integration is really well done - there's nowt funnier than driving past a poster of Kim Jung-il in a Nintendo game.

I went online to check out the lobby for friends and the "chat" function is bloody hilarious. If you thought 42 All-Time Classics had some cheesy phrases, wait till you try to communicate. And there's fucking loads of them! And nothing remotely offensive, as you'd expect.

So far I'm enjoying it, could be because my expectations were low, could be because it's actually really good, dunno yet.

After listening to Retronauts (and Sam saying much the same thing) it's probably time I went back to Double Dash and "played it properly".

*EDIT*

Added Jon. :)

I literally just played 1 Cup and 3 online races.

The online is spot on, absolutely no lag whatsoever, and it's a nice touch to see where the people you're racing are from.

I too quite like the wheel, actually, it's not perfect but the feeling you get when you nail a perfect corner is amazing.

That's all I can really say right now, but I think the early negative reports on this one are wrong.

I'm really getting into this now - I am even starting to like the bikes which I didnt at first. Online is great as well - I am still over 5000 points as well so I cant be all THAT bad....

Im starting to unlock characters and karts now as well - there is a lightweight kart I really like, but it handles like a pig :(

I've added everyones code in this list I think - mine is below.

Got this from Tesco for £32 at lunchtime, lady behind the counter said they were flying off the shelf (there were 2 left after mine).

Had a quick go on the Mushroom 50cc, its what i expected really, a shinier version of Double Dash without some twat on the back.

I accept this is the way the series is going, i must let Super Mario Kart go. I am looking forward to playing this further and as always the game should come into its own in the 150cc so i shall reserve further judgement.

I found it very easy to control with the Wiimote and Nunchuck so ill stick to them for a bit. Mini Turbos seem easy to pull off.

Friend code to follow.

Moo Moo Meadows is set in Ireland (according to the music).

I thought exactly the same thing! :lol:

Anyway, I just had some races online.

I lost so many ranking points, I'm so shite. :wacko:

I'm pretty sure I was part of those races for a while, was fun for sure anyway! This is immense fun online!!!!

Loving it.

I'm pretty sure I was part of those races for a while, was fun for sure anyway! This is immense fun online!!!!

Loving it.

Yeah, you were. You can jump straight into a match that your friend is in from the menu. There's a little happy face next to the Friend Match option in the menu when a friend is online.

woah look likes everyones been playing this.

Got this at sainsburys for £25 at 8:30 this mornin but then had to go bloody uni!

And now i gta work in a bit =[

First thing i did was try out the 100cc to test the bikes n came first in all the races.

Then tried team battle n lost.

I like how the steering wheel works when u steer or the same way u do on excite truck.

bugger, wna try this more later!

I've played it a lot more now, and I definitely don't understand the naysayers about it. I'm really liking it and it's by far the best online game on WFC - no lag at all.

Plus I really like the track designs, Coconut mall with all of your Mii's on posters or driving cars to stop you, it's really funny when Hitler or Goatse appears. <_<:lol:

I thought they'd got B*witched to do the soundtrack for a few minutes, really worried me!

i've done all the 50cc getting either 1 star or 2 (is there a 3?) and half way through 100cc, still as brilliant as it was. tried all the control methods and still prefer the GC controller.

yet to try online yet though, maybe if i stay sober enough over the weekend...

I see you can send friend requests through the Wii's messenger which is handy. unfortunatly I saw this service as a waste of time before and never bothered with it, now it has the potential to be useful so I've got a "sig" with my Wii code on and I'm gonna be spending some of my weekend adding a bunch of you guys.

Moving nicely on topic, I just played a few 150cc races..... I think I like it after all. :)

I think if you receive a friend code message message and you hit start it adds it in for you. Though I could be wrong I could have sworn it just did.

My code is: 3480 2676 7034

I have added Hendo, Stu, Ed and Stoobie (Stu too?).

On a side note I played pro evo today and its fantastic.