passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Swallow

I've been playing quite a few 'With Anyone' matches recently and the 2 player and even the majority of the 3 player matches have been relatively lag free. The 4 player though was quite ssssllllooooowww. Could have been someone else's connection though.

Overall I am quite impressed with the speed of the play online now, and these are using American servers.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leeray666 wrote:

Let me know if you want any help I should be able to 'chat' you through it.

In the meantime, anyone here completed the Subspace Emissary?

Got every character yet?

Just interested, that's all.

Right, put in all the IP details on the advanced section, the DNS only gives me a number for the DNS servers, so according to the Gamefaqs instructions i should just enter that twice. I've got it set to not use a proxy server and my MTU (i have no idea what this is) is set as 0. I tried that at 1 but i got the same problem.

The problem being that it tells me that another device is set up using the same IP address :huh: I know this to be true because all the computers in the house are going through the same pissing router

Any ideas how to fix this? Other than curling up into the foetal position and crying myself to sleep?

Right, I'll see if I can help you out.

Have you got the DNS server addresses from your PC?

Click on start, then control panel. In classic view click on network connections. Right click on the connection you want to change and then click properties. From the main window scroll down until you see tcp/ip. Highlight it and then click properties. While your here in this section on your PC your DNS server addresses should be displayed, copy these exactly to your Wii.

Also in there it will have your PC IP address. You want to make sure that your Wii IP address is different to this, copy the IP address exactly, but change the last few digits. Yours might be 192.168.2.1 or something like that, so change your Wii IP address to 192.168.200.150 Notice that I have added some naughts to the third section, this is because the Wii requires you to fill in all three spaces. You might want to check all the other machines and their IP addresses to make sure your Wii has one that doesn't conflict. However, if you cannot be bothered to check I'm sure 150 at the end would be suffice as most remain in the 1 digit scale. Also you want to amend any port forwarding you have done to this new Address.

Hopefully this will do the job.

I know it's a bit confusing if you haven't done this kind of thing before, but if you want some more help just message me.

No probs.

I'll be glad to help anyone else needing assistance in how to get a better Wii online connection. I think port forwarding is a must if we are to start some mini online tournaments.

Out of interest is this just a problem because we're trying to get onto US servers? Basically when this comes over here are we still going to have problems getting enough data in and out or will the closer server sort that?

If not then shouldn't this have been thought about before the Wii launched? Especially as Nintendo want this to sell the a chunk of the mass market who aren't going to know how to sort this or anyone to sort it for them

It's not because of location, though that would account for some lag I'm sure.

However, this applies to every machine really, if you want to get the best out of your online experiences you have to port forward stuff.

I had to do the same thing for my PS3 as after the last Call Of Duty update I couldn't connect to any games.

I do believe that Nintendo have issued information somewhere about this subject.

I won't be able to play online for about 2 weeks. I'm going to be visiting the In-Laws. However, I can, and probably will be here and on Gtm forum quite a bit after I commandeer their laptop.

It'll give you guys time for some much needed practice. ;)

Hey guys, dnt kill me peeps

I picked up the US Smash Bros Brawl Today and freeloader today for £38 :D:D:D

I was speaking to the manager a bit coz im kinda of a regular customer, he said some of the early batches of wii has faults and wont be able to play the US smash bros because it is a double layered disc and said if it doesnt u shud send it to nintendo to get it fixed.

So i got home, and it doesnt work... i put in the freeloader, thts that fuzzy screen thing, take it out and put SBBB in, loads up on the menu, i press start and then it just a black screen. Mashing my buttons hoping it will work n nothin happens.

Same thing happened to my friends, is it coz were both got faulty wiis? did this happen to u guys?

EDIT: sorry guys figured that had to put the freeload in twice -.- thts gna be such an arse everyime i wna play it... sigh...

Good game tonight lads, worked really well with only a bit of lag. Nice that you can just join if you've got friends online, could work really well if there's loads of people on your friends list online

The random selection was pissing me off tonight, it kept giving me either Falco or Fox, and I'm shite with both, although less shite now I've had a bit of practice

EDIT: Shame you cant tell people you're heading off or that you want 1 more game

Ben wrote:

Shame you cant tell people you're heading off or that you want 1 more game

And this is where the custom taunts will come in handy. :)

Up: Last one

Down: Good game

Left: Have it!

Right: Cunt

I'm 15% through the Subspace thingy mode now. It's gonna take a while.