passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Burnout Paradise

Hendo

It's pretty bloody amazing, isn't it? :)

I'm hooked on multiplayer, I really didn't want to turn the console off just now. I've driven just under 500 miles (and 10.5hrs) in three nights, 400 of them being online. I need to play some more single player though, just so I can unlock some more cars for multi.

I can't wait until more of us get this game. Hinn, don't worry about the set routes, you are given hints on the 'recommended' route as your car will indicate and the road sign at the top of the screen will flash. You can choose to ignore these and take your own path, though.

Hmm have been interested in this for awhile, glad to hear its pretty good. I've got q fair few games to trade in so i might end up getting it - trouble is i think my Live sub runs out fairly soon, and i dont think ill be able to afford another for awhile!

Is the single player good?

My friend been playing this and it seems really good online. We all end up on the floor laughing bcoz i have a xbox camera and it took a mug shot of him when he got taken out.

Next time he got taken out he pulled his trousers down tho... i feel sorry for thr person on the other side.

Is this game cheaper anywhere yet? Ed? :P

It's £39.99 at most online retailers, £34.99 from gameplay.co.uk using that (one use only) code.

Here is a pretty accurate review of the game, and mentions similarities to Crackdown:

The open world feels just like it did in Crackdown and Grand Theft Auto which is great for Paradise, the city ranks up there with the best. Instead of Orbs or Hidden Packages, there are private property gates to plough through which open up shortcuts and whole new areas.

:)

I played this for another 5hrs last night, just messing around, and now have 316/400 smashes, about 65 billboards, and have my B license. I have found all drive-throughs and car parks, too. I also did a couple more 2 player co-op challenges. I can't get enough of this game, it's all I'm playing! Even Half-Life 2 has been put on hold.

Hendo, will you be on tomorrow night or over the weekend? I need an early night tonight so may not be there when you arrive.

RetroEd wrote:

I played this for another 5hrs last night, just messing around, and now have 316/400 smashes, about 65 billboards, and have my B license. I have found all drive-throughs and car parks, too.

So far, I've got all the drive-throughs, my B license, about half the billboards and smashes.

As far as I'm aware I've driven on every road but I haven't got all of the events. I've only got 106 out of 120. :huh:

*EDIT*

The "no restart" thing doesn't bother me, but if I've majorly spooned up a race so I know I won't win, I have to get to the finish. There doesn't seem to be a "cancel race" button either so you have to trudge all the way to the end, otherwise all other events are still not available, due to you being in a race.

If I'm missing a way of cancelling the race then someone tell me, but that's the only real fault I have with the game so far.

Hendo wrote:

The "no restart" thing doesn't bother me, but if I've majorly spooned up a race so I know I won't win, I have to get to the finish. There doesn't seem to be a "cancel race" button either so you have to trudge all the way to the end, otherwise all other events are still not available, due to you being in a race.

If I'm missing a way of cancelling the race then someone tell me, but that's the only real fault I have with the game so far.

Just bring your car to a standstill for a few seconds and the event will cancel. :)

I have 384/400 smashes now, and need about 15 more billboards. I have a Burnout map that I found online, and now I'm nearing getting all the billboards, I am adding red X's to it via Photoshop whenever I find a one, so that I can go back to them later on! I'm currently 12 wins away from my A license, too. I think I have about the same amount of events found as you, Hendo. God knows where the rest are.

I went online freeburning with Sam after he invited me last night, but he didn't seem to have his headset plugged in, and spent most of the time driving around and taking down / being taken down. There are events we could have done, sam! :P I left and tried inviting you, but you went offline. :(

I have the camera, feel free to see me frown, smile and point in many amusing styles.

This game is the first in a long while where I've muted the music. It's actually not bad what with Stand And Deliver in it, but I've just ended up turning the volume down. And the less said about DJ Twatface the better.

This does mean that iTunes comes in very handy when cruising down the road. I can easily recommend Weezer, We Are Scientists (I actually got into them after The Great Escape was used in a previous Burnout game) and of course, the first Rage Against The Machine album, for screaming down the roads to.

Im a big fan of We Are Scientists I love 'its a hit' and great escape was really suited for Burnout.

For as much flack as the last soundtrack took for being 'too college rocky' I thought that the songs were good for fast driving, in particular 'daft punk are playing at my house' 'Banquet' and there were one or two others that were great. Paradises soundtrack is absolute gash, with the exception of it switching to classical music if you leave the controller for a few minutes. I can just imagine that they put that in for when you launch the controller across the room and need a bit of quiet time, Hendo.

I got my A license last night. Burnout license here I come. :)

I am still in love with this game. Whenever I have a few spare minutes I'm in Paradise City searching for the last few smashes, billboards, and super jumps, and doing the odd event, which I have discovered 119/120 now. I have one more 2P co-op challenge to do, and it involves barrel rolling off of a ramp on a railway track simultaneously. Hendo and myself had a quick go the other night, but didn't succeed. I think we need to switch to stunt vehicles ideally.

Such a fantastic game, and although it can be a trudge sometimes driving back to the beginning of a specific event you're determined to nail after you have just lost, it doesn't really bother me on the whole. It gives you a chance to learn the roads a bit more. I downloaded the two most recent CrashFM Podcasts by the Criterion gang last night too, so I'm going to give them a listen to at work today.

Chinzon wrote:

Have you heard After Hours? It's awesome.

Nope, it's on my list of albums that need buying pronto.

sambob wrote:

Paradises soundtrack is absolute gash, with the exception of it switching to classical music if you leave the controller for a few minutes. I can just imagine that they put that in for when you launch the controller across the room and need a bit of quiet time, Hendo.

Are you trying to insinuate that I lose my rag over the simplest of things like attempting a barrel roll? How very dare you! :angry:

RetroEd wrote:

I have one more 2P co-op challenge to do, and it involves barrel rolling off of a ramp on a railway track simultaneously. Hendo and myself had a quick go the other night, but didn't succeed. I think we need to switch to stunt vehicles ideally.

Fucking bastard stupid barrel roll.