passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii how do you use yours??

Manicm

As youve seen on my other thread my wii has died!!

I was using it vertical, plugged in offical nintendo HD components running the wii at its top graphics mode, i also had wii connect24 logged in on standby and foolishly didnt turn the wii off as in the manual it sayes leave on standby!!

My initial wii was a launch version and my replacement wii was brand new in april, direct from ninty codestorm.

Now twice ive had the dead pixels, and my wii is now winging its way back to ninty for repair!

My brother on the other hand has his wii plugged into a portable tv, via the original wii cables and never leaves his on standby, always off when not in use. His wii is an original launch as well and has no problems at all!

So how do you guys use yours?? and has anyone on here had hardware issues??

My Wii was vertical until about October (I only changed it for aesthetic reasons), and I'm using the official Nintendo RGB SCART cable, running at 480i.

The only problem I've had with the Wii was the disc drive breaking on my original, so got a new one and had no problems since.

Placed horizontal (FTW!), hooked via official Component (used to be official RGB Scart), running 480p. I normally power down the Wii so the red light comes on, unless it's being played regularly, like now, in which case I leave it in Connect24. I'm also using the Wii with no flaps on the side and have been for months now, although that's only because I haven't gotten round to putting them back on yet!

Launch day machine, no problems as of yet.

I have my Wii vertical, in my entertainment centre. It's about an inch from the wooden side panel of the ec, and an inch away from my PS2 which has my Dreamcast on top of it. There's plenty of room behind them all, but the Wii and the ps2 are on standby, and all of them go into a scart hub.

I'm really tempted to get one of those charger things with the USB fans, because the Wii does get a little warm when its on standby

The only problem I've had is with my LED. It glows up, but 'flickers' down. It's not a big deal, and I know it's not worth sending it back over. But it drives me spare when I see it, and it's only going to get worse.

Mine's a launch one, standing upright, always on WiiConnect24 and fairly close to the 360 (possibly not the best idea).

I've had no problems other than the same as wiivo's with the old Browser freezing up.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, man!

Im guessin its just bad luck, as ive had no issues with any ninty console before now!! my cube is a launch cube and my ds is launch also my n64 and snes were both launch consoles and they all work perfectly, just my damn wii, but hey at least ninty's customer service is pretty good!!