passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

SEGA Superstars Tennis

Hendo

I'm starting to come round to this now, maybe because I've unlocked the Space Harrier levels!

At it's heart it is just Virtua Tennis with lots of primary colours, but by Christ you gotta love the Samba court. And Outrun court. And NiGHTS. And Jet Set Radio.

Still hating half the characters and voices though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wildejon wrote:

Is everyone opting for the 360 version of this?

Nobody fancy trying the Wii version and prancing about in their lounges again?

I only chose the 360 version for the seemless Live experience which i am enjoying, but im pants compared to everyone else in the world apparently. But i am super unlucky too.

Well I played this for a bit last night, and went straight into Superstars mode using Sonic. 170 achievement points later, I had finished off all of the Sonic challenges before calling it a night. I've unlocked Amy and Shadow.

It's such a sharp and colourful game, I love it. The Sumo guys are really good at what they do, I can see myself spending a lot of time with this. In fact, I'm off to play it now. :)

Edit: I've done Tournament mode now, including the bitch of a Special Stage. I've noticed that you can turn off the Superstars moves in the options menu, also.

Done the Pyo Pyo level yet H-do? Its manic.

I have, it's pretty awesome! I got the Puyo Puyo! achievement, also.

I'd be up for some multi some time. I've been playing this a fair bit this evening, and am enjoying it greatly!

There's a superb write-up on SEGA Superstars Tennis over at UK Resistance.

Each time you fire off a special move, it's like the SEGA of 1999 reaching out of the TV and giving you a sexual massage.

There's also an interview with Sumo, here. :)

hinn888 wrote:

ive finally completed this after some extremely annoyin tasks, but with 720 gamerscore it seems kinda worth it, anyone up for gettin online achievements?

*cough* illdog *cough*

I free Thursday coming all evenin from 7 onwards if you fancy bashin some out Hinn?

Also punished this game over the weekend, done quite alot of Superstars mode now but i was mostly playing doubles with the misses. (Fnar?)

HATE the Jest Set Radio levels.

I'm still stuck on some of the games in Superstar Mode. :(

The Monkey Ball one where you have to knock the black ball in the gate, I can do the first 2 but buggered if I can do the 3rd one.

I'm also crap at taking down the big zombies.

illdog wrote:

hinn888 wrote:
ive finally completed this after some extremely annoyin tasks, but with 720 gamerscore it seems kinda worth it, anyone up for gettin online achievements?

*cough* illdog *cough*

I free Thursday coming all evenin from 7 onwards if you fancy bashin some out Hinn?

Also punished this game over the weekend, done quite alot of Superstars mode now but i was mostly playing doubles with the misses. (Fnar?)

HATE the Jest Set Radio levels.

After 7 on a Thursday, got it!

And for the big guys hendo i normally stand at very back n twat the balls towards em.

I FINALLY was able to win an online match last night and it was the ONLY time ive been winning and my opponent hasnt quit. I suppose its a gripe for all online games, but this would be great if it wasnt for the pricks out there. I dont think ive ever quit out of a match cos i was loosing.

Anyways, this is an awesome game but i will never do Superstars with all AAA's, i really didnt enjoy the Chu Chu Rocket level or the Jest Set Radio ones. Virtua Squad was great tho, and the Sonic levels are blue sky and green grass which is good for the soul.