passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PSP Slim and Lite

retroed

Oooh, get her! :P

As for Ben's point, if they changed it too much they'd piss off the people that bought the original - they couldn't ditch UMD's, they couldn't add anything new (like a touchscreen, second screen, second 'nub') or do anything major that would affect how old PSP's would play new games.

I dunno if it's true, but I'm sure I heard the price wasn't dropping at all - that's stupid if it's true.

Before it was officially announced the rumours were that it would have better controls, 8 gig of memory built in, faster load times (thats made it in apparently) and a longer battery life. And it was going to be about £110. The cynic in me thinks that sony maybe started the rumours themselves to get people excited

Ben wrote:

Before it was officially announced the rumours were that it would have better controls, 8 gig of memory built in, faster load times (thats made it in apparently) and a longer battery life. And it was going to be about £110. The cynic in me thinks that sony maybe started the rumours themselves to get people excited

Its not rumours thats what they said it was going to have they said that E3 during the announcement of it well everything except the onboard memory. Oddly, and i told Ed this im wanting to get one of the new GP2X F200s instead of a PSP due to the homebrew and better OS and ofcourse the more flexible system and storage.

GAME seem to be pushing the new PSP at £130, is that its proper RRP?

Charly paid £150 for my white one (original design) with MGS Portable Ops and LocoRoco back in June, although that didn't come with a memory stick.

It's seen just as much play as my DS did in the same ammount of time too.

it does have some alright games, and a couple of decent ones like loco roco, i was exaggerating and being a bitch really :P but it doesnt have enough AAA titles for me personally to buy it, considering the price. and if i think about it, sometimes the fact that id need to be wearing the BFG's trousers to take it somewhere conveniently is a little off putting too

Triple post FTMFW.

I've now sold my old PSP, ready to go and get a spanking new one next Friday, w00t!

Originally Posted by Kotaku

I'm still tinkering around with the settings and such on the PSP Slim that just arrived at the house, but I wanted to get a quick post up about some of the differences I've noticed in the settings and such.

The game ships with firmware 3.60 preloaded on the system. There are a lot of menu differences but I found two in the system menu.

UMD Cache: If you set it on you can reduce the frequency at which the system reads from the UMD.

USB Charge: Allows you to charge using USB instead of a A/C.

The system now also has a new menu in Settings that gives you options for when you connect your PSP to your television to either play games or watch a movie.

Connected Display settings

Switch Video Output: You can use this to display video on the television or you can hold in the display button.

* TV Type: 16:9 or 4:3

* Component /D-Terminal Cable: Lets you select either progressive or interlace output.

* Screensaver: Lets you set the timeout for a screensaver from none to 15 minutes.

I still have to play test the thing, check out the video output and compare the screens. More to come.

I'm not really that bothered if we only get black, as that's what I was going for anyway. The metallic silver looking ones look shockingly pants. The TV out doesn't appeal to me much either, but they could have bundled a lead in. The cheapskates.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I picked mine up today at Gamestation. I paid £134.99 for the PSP and Worms Open Warfare 2 (intend to sell that one on oneBay, I only paid a fiver extra for it!).

The new PSP is very nice. It feels very light,and comfortable to hold. The main thing though, is that the D-Pad now feels spot on, and the Square button feels like all the others now (the 'phat' PSP had a problem to do with it being too close to the screen). The UMD tray now pulls open by finger, rtather that a switch thingy. It feels sturdy enough. On the whole, very impressed with the look and feel. It's a fingerprint magnet of course, mind!

All you get in the box is the machine, battery, AC adaptor, and manuals. No pouch, no memory stick, and no remote earphones. I'll be ordering a snazzy Hori pouch off Play-Asia soon, and I already have a 2.0GB stick, so not that bothered about the lack of extra's in the box.