passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Worms Open Warfare 2

retroed

DS1184_box.jpg

Out this Friday in Europe, peeps. The hype begins... NOW.

Who is in? I'm getting it, for sure. Online Worms with loads of options / rankings, and 4P mode? I'm there. This could be the next big WiFi game guy, you need it in your life. Get it.

I'm tempted but I'm also skint at the moment. I did have it on pre-order from Movietyme, but I've had to cancel it as I need to put some funds together for a new TV.

If the general consensus is that it's great, then I'll pick it up when I get paid.

Ok, I have been playing this, and its bloody fantastic. There's loads to do, tons of options, and online play that supports four players. What more do you need to know? It's a must buy.

Centy and I have had some quality games against each other. The deathmatches have proved to be the most popular, but the race mode is decent too, where you take your turns trying to get across a map using a set tool; the ninja rope or jet pack for example. Then there's fort mode where you have two islands and try to destroy your opponent before you get destroyed. This was my least favourite as it's pretty boring with not much to do. You can also create an avatar with your stylus, that appears when playing online. I experience no slowdown at all when playing online, which is excellent.

Single player is good also, you get credits for completing levels, and these can be traded for extra's like different voices for your worms, extra levels etc. There is Puzzle, Campaign, Laboratory, and Training modes. I have only tried Puzzle mode as of yet, which involves meeting certain requirements to complete the level.

All your favourite weapons feature in the game, and the sound effects are spot on. Graphically it's simple but effective.

All in all, this gets my online seal of approval, and the single player is very good, as well. Buy it so this can be a future tourney game. :)

RetroEd wrote:

All in all, this gets my online seal of approval, and the single player is very good, as well. Buy it so this can be a future tourney game. :)

Couldn't agree more the game is brilliant and I dont think i've ever laughed as loud playing any game online with my DS as this. Deathmatch is hilarious over msn every line of text seems to be "lol" because accidents happen.

Its old school worms online on the DS and the leader boards are tremendous fun this should be a must buy for everyone. When me and Ed were playng the forts mode (the boring one) he kept winning because he has the patience of a saint and I just gave up and kamikaze'd myself into oblivion. Great stuff and needs to be in your collection.

Google for 'centy worms' and this is the thread you get ;)

you can add me on MSN with collin at twotribes dot com if you like, then we can exchange friend codes.

Movietyme have it for 16.99 but its not out till the 4th over there and will take a while to get it.

Im still fully in love with the WFC in this game im now ranked 6th in the world for Ranked mode on Race and learning all the clever tricks.

When im not online im working through the puzzles which are feindish and the Lab games are just sadistic yet genius. I just cant help gushing about this game everyone needs to own this.

I'm DEFFO getting it :)

Made a promise to myself that I would finish my application for chartership forms first though or I'll never do it! So I might not have a copy for a week or two...

I can't wait though, I played the older versions loads and this just looks even better!