passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Transformers

illdog

With intrepidation, i ventured forth with the misses to the cinema, petrified Bay and Spielburg would piss all over my boyhood fantasies of real live Robots. Two hours later....

IMO, this film is fucked excellent. Im a huge Transformers fan and my expectations were so low, but the first time you see Blackout transform in the Quatar Desert I defy you not to beam like a five year old. Made the original transforming noise as well....:)

There are several nods to the old cartoon, i shant ruin them by mentioning them but any old school fan will pick them up.

I can see people not liking this, old stalwarts and the ones who were determined not to like it from the start, but I thought the story was good, it had action a plenty, humour, fit birds and even minor language so this isnt aimed at kids.

The effects were unbelievable, the fight scene's (as with all fims this days) suffered a little from crazy camera syndrome, fifty angles in 2 seconds hurt my brain but watching Megatron (i nearly typed Megadrive) and Optimus spanking 2 shades of shit out of each other was one of the best things ive seen on film this year!

Hurrah!

I too went to see this, with low expectations. After all Transformers: The animated movie is probably the best film of all time EVER ;) and i was afraid that MR. Bay would stick his cock in in it and ruin it for everyone...

... fortunatley for him, he didnt. He can now sleep easy as i wont be hunting him down. The film was a corker from a Transformers point of view, yeah so okay, the bits with the meatbags were sometimes a bit lame, but if you go your in it for the giant kick ass robots right?

And yeas there was one or two quotes from the old film :laugh:

I was a bit dissapointed there wasnt more, but then i'd of been in my element if the old film was remade like this :)

I've seen some clips from it and it does look pretty good.

To be honest, I was a massive fan when I was a nipper, had the toys and film on VHS and all, but I couldn't tell you much about it now. I've forgotten most of the names and what transformed into/from.

Still remember the sound though. :)

Oh aye, I've seen a clip from the film where a 360 transforms! It's in the box though so you don't see it, and it is for like 1 second.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...