passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mysims (Wii)

Centy

• 2 months later...

It seems to have been getting good reviews but I never saw the appeal of any of these games and I doubt it will be anywhere near as open as Animal Crossing was. I'm just expecting a limited AC but then I won be buying it. You could always get it and return it later I suppose.

Come on guys, I need to know if this game is any good or I am gonna end up buying it when I next see it, just out of plain curiosity. I was never sure if I liked Animal crossing because I feel like I didn't get anything from it, then again I did play it everyday for 6 months but did I enjoy it? I dunno. these games confuse me.:(

Well the latest issue of N*Rev gave it a score of 8.8, saying its: 'the most light-hearted and creatively empowering game on the Wii'

For the most parts they sing its praises, the only two faults i can seem to pick up on from briefly reading the review in work was that the controls could be a bit better, and that its not instantly accessable, but after a few hours you wont look back...

:dry:

Dont think i'll be getting this as Animal Crossing was the only game ive played like this... Never been interested in any Sims game and pride myself on never playing one... I probably gonna wait for AC Wii, although i doubt you can build your own houses in that...

Hmm.

Har! Well someone has to be the tester.

I've heard that the Wii version is the best one out of the two, so it should be ok at least.

I must admit I've been tempted but there's only room for one of those kind of games in my life and that's reserved for Animal Crossing.

I've played it for a couple of hours now.

At the moment it's all quite limited with the blocks and bulding side of things, although I can pretty much tell that'll change.

The graphics are nice, that 'clean' Animal Crossing style we're all accustomed to.

I was a little disappointed to find that the interior of the house that I built (It's huge) is nothing like the exterior, but it's no big deal seeing as the house is big enough and might get bigger, I dunno.

The playing world is much larger than Animal Crossing, the town itself about the same size but with outside areas I can't get to yet.

I can tell that the building houses and furniture will be awesome, and the building controls work well over the analog stick we would have to use without the motion controls.

More impressions later, because right now it's all a b it limited to pass proper judgment.

P.S, why do I always feel 3rd party games are gonna kill my Wii? My Sims makes the Wii Click and make funny noises.

:unsure:

Games!!! wrote:

P.S, why do I always feel 3rd party games are gonna kill my Wii? My Sims makes the Wii Click and make funny noises.

:unsure:

On the latest EGM podcast they mentioned how their Wii sounded like it was going to explode the further that they got in the game.

(I've just posted this on the GTM My Sims thread as well)

This game isn't bad at all actually.

it's really good fun, and I'm already starting to gain a large colection of blocks and essences (Don't ask), and my town (Shittown obviously), has a one star rating, and a Pizza shop!. Mmm.

I'm not sure if it'll last as long as an Animal Crossing game, but AC really should introduce a building mode in a Wii sequel. It could work so well.

• 3 weeks later...

Gave in yesterday and bought MySims.

I have to say that this is a strangely compelling game, after messing with my in game avatar by giving him a pink pants, blue hair combo and making a house that wouldn't look out of place in Balamorie, I went out into the main game.

It mostly consisted of going on small Animal Crossing style tasks such as fishing, being nice/nasty to people and shaking trees, all to get mentioned "essences" used to design the colour of furniture, making the furniture exactly as blueprints say is easy but its when you decide to add your own touches such as adding small details which is infuriatingly hard as the bits never go where you want. But they go in eventually so what the hey.

Theres more to the game but I realise that I'm rambling, basically its a strong and enjoyable alternative to Animal Crossing.