* Tú y Yo - Thalía

* U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer

* Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai

* Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

* We Are Family - Sister Sledge

* Y.M.C.A. - The Village People

• 4 months later...

1UP Review Boogie: 3.0

But my motherly horror shouldn't be enough to stop you from buying this game. Oh, no. The fact that this game is fun for exactly 20 minutes, and only in a group of two or more, should keep you from buying this game. In the end, Boogie is light on dancing, light on karaoke -- a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none moment of fluff.

And to think ONM gave this the same score as Super Paper Mario (81%)

Funnily enough I was listening to the latest EGM last night and Jenn Frank (the 1up reviewer) was on it and she was not a happy bunny!

I got the impression though that her main problem with it was that she found the idea of 12 year old (and younger) girls singing songs (essentially) about sex very disturbing.

• 4 weeks later...

I grabbed this for £30 notes at morrisons, they had priced it up wrong, but let me have it anyway, and boy Im glad they didn't charge me full price, I'd be even more pissed off than I am now!

I really didn't want Boogie, I mean don't get me wrong I love Music games, DDR and the like, but as ED's quote from 1up.com says its only fun for 30mins or so. Its so easy to complete.

The singing doesn't work well, you can blag it by saying anything, I know it only analizes pitch, but its shocking how bad it determines if your singing in tune, or in sync.

Dancings fun once you get the hang of it, but again they're isn't much to it.

Im really dissapointed (but well prepared for it) in the songs, most of them arn't "classic" or even good karaoke songs. Im sure 10-13 yr old girls will love it.

Im hard pressed to not take this back, only having it for 1 day. Im not sure if its worth it just for a keep sake mic wise.

Even the story presentation blows, I just skipped most of the chatter, which could of been animated, and should of had better voices.

Maybe it will get dusted off for pissed up family parties etc. I know I won't be playing though. Shame it could of been so much better!

Anyone know if the mic is going to be used in anything else?

Not that i know od matt, but im sure if it is, one will be included in whatever next uses it. They cant force people to buy this just for the mic. :)

My advice?

If you only paid £30 for it see what its trade in value is, if its good, get rid! if it isnt get a refund :lol:

moggymatt wrote:

I sure love 10-13 yr old girls

Im a little dissapointed thats its a bit rubbish but glad you were the unfortunate ginnue pig moggster, as I was debating wther to pick this up along with the apparently rubbish Tamagotchi Party On! as the photo below shows.

partyonwayne.jpg

So did you buy that tamagotchi game dowg?

Bet you did.

Or did you crumble to your inner self, buy boogie, and on your way out ask as many 10-13 year old girls if they wanted to play it with you?

;)

On second thoughts the latter option is probably the most likley

:P

Shin_Seffron wrote:

So did you buy that tamagotchi game dowg?

Bet you did.

Or did you crumble to your inner self, buy boogie, and on your way out ask as many 10-13 year old girls if they wanted to play it with you?

;)

On second thoughts the latter option is probably the most likley

:P

Its like youve known me all my life....

I bough neither actually, im not allowed to buy another Wii game till i play Trauma Centre. I didnt get to ask any little girlies if they wanted to play on the way out cos I turned up at Tesco nude again and only managed to get as far as the games bit before I was tranquilised.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it does seem to be pretty poor.

I've been keeping an eye on this for quite a while, but the general feeling is that it's average at best.

The tracklist doesn't put me off, lord knows I love my camp pop (EBA FTW) but that the gameplay is basically "waggle the remote randomly and you'll do fine" sounds pretty shite.