Post your latest Retro purchases

retroed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

snes2ma7.jpg

Shame it is DOA. Possible PSU, or Fuse inside the machine.

It doesn't help that the SNES2 has no LED to show if it has power or not!

A new Gamebit tool has been ordered from the States, as I've mislaid the one I had. I will check the power supply unit with a multimeter when I find one to see if it is producing power.

But apart from that, it's all good! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RetroEd wrote:

snes2ma7.jpg

Shame it is DOA. Possible PSU, or Fuse inside the machine.

It doesn't help that the SNES2 has no LED to show if it has power or not!

A new Gamebit tool has been ordered from the States, as I've mislaid the one I had. I will check the power supply unit with a multimeter when I find one to see if it is producing power.

But apart from that, it's all good! :lol:

After taking the machine apart and not finding anything wrong with it (at least, not that I could see), I ordered a new US Power Pack from the States. It arrived today, and after a couple prayers to my Nintendo Gods, I plugged it all in. It worked!

snesjuniornz2.jpg

Now it's the small matter of finding someone suitable to do an RGB mod on it for me.

B)

Good stuff, my Super NES seems to have taken up a permanent spot under the TV now (admittedly on the floor next to Rachaels V-Tech system) with A Link To The Past in it, although I havent played that in a while, I REALLY want Mario Kart and Rock Racing for it but cant afford either :(

You can't beat the SNES, well, apart from the DS. Mario kart and Rock N Roll Racing seem to hold their value quite well.

I've just PM'd chaoticjelly on NTSC-UK, and he is RGB Modding my SNES for £18 inc return postage. Bargain! I'm packaging it up tomorrow and getting it sent straight out. B)

I'm on an Ebay good deal stretch this week... :laugh:

I just won an auction for a nice Intelevision II system, IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX, with 7 games, ALL OF THEM IN THEIR ORIGINAL BOXES too, for a awesome low price of 45$ (canadian funds - so about 40$ U.S.).

cc3c_1.jpg

This coupled with my previous finding of a 10$ new & wrapped Perfect Dark for N64 with RAM expansion.... my week couldn't be any better !!!!!

Joy joy joy.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

My retro-gamer heart has never felt so good. :P

• 2 weeks later...

wiivo wrote:

I have the first Intellivision, i didnt know they released another. Nice purchases all round.

Well, in fact, they made 3 models. The last one being almost identical to the first one with only a couple of changes...

The Intellevision II had some improvements over the first one, mainly, detachable controllers, a red light to let you know it's turned on, more compact than the first one. And easily replaceable power adaptor. The only drawback is that the cell press buttons on the original pad were replaced by a touch sensitive membrane which some people find less practical. Although I don't have a problem with this...

Also, another difference is that you could buy an adaptor to run Atari 2600 games on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a MINT NES Action Pack, its lovely. Not sure exactly why I bought it but it is minty fresh and its got Nintendo on it ;)

Got a brand new N64 V3 steering wheel too, I didn't even know they existed!

• 1 month later...

Just bought Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) (PAL) Boxed & Complete. 99% mint, all leaflets, booklets and map, sealed tips booklet. £15 delivered.

I sold my mint version last year for 30 quid and regretted it ever since. Finding this has made my day! I have a cart only of this aswell, but have been after another mint boxed one for a while now.