passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Who wants to help out?

Hendo

Right, normally it's down to me to update the Reviews bits (all of the admin are busy with their lives, it's just me that has no life - plus illdog is having problems editing content at the mo) and I don't have as much time on my hands at the moment, plus I'd like to spend more time actually playing games and doing the social thing. As a result, when I finally get round to updating the reviews there's loads to do and it takes ages.

So who wants to help us out?

These are the tasks you'd have to do...

* Make sure each game has a cover art pic with it, and if not find one, make sure it's the same standard size we use and upload it to the server. Then use some HTML code to plonk it on the page.

* Copy and paste people's thoughts on the game into the review.

* Spell check and proof read the comments making sure the grammar, capitalisation and spelling is good (and no text speak).

* Make sure only comments about what they think of the game goes in and not questions on bits they're stuck on, off-topic tangents, etc.

* Update stuff whenver possible, but at least once a week.

* Provide a link at the bottom to the thread where the Impressions are.

* Find a little info about the game to go before the comments.

Anyone that has a little HTML know-how would be good but is not necessary as I can teach you the little bits you need.

I'd say we're looking at at least one extra person, probably 3 tops (then one person for each category - DS, Wii and VC).

Anybody interested, plonk yourself here.

I would be interested in helping out, but am a bit weary as to how much i could do. As most people i tend to be a bit busy, although i would be up for it.

Just to clear up, this doesnt sound like a moderators position as such, just people to sort out theyre own reviews?

sorry Hendo buddy, no real time to be doing that, I'd love to help out but I come on this site for a break from the real world, and like you say I'd rather be playing the games rather than reviewing 'em... I'll still chuck my 2 cents in on the threads though :)

You know im willing to help, Ive just moved flat so the internet isnt working at home yet. Hopefully it will be a week tops. I can still come on at work but as its MOD im almost certain I wont be able to edit anything from work. But if its okay to wait until my internet is going then Im more than happy to help.

I'd actually like to do some proper writing for the site if that interests you. I'm talking reviews/articles/OMFG8BIT strips... The works. I just can't be arsed starting something if I know it's not gonna be used because people don't agree with it or whatever. If I had my own place, a place I could call home on DS-WIFI, I'd most definitely fill it with my own shit.

But people will like it.

Let's have a vote. Who loves me?

*Sticks hand up* "I do, I do", who said that? The whole of DS-WIFI, that's who.

Oh, and, please?

Sorry Sly, but we're just looking for people who can help out putting the reviews up.

First and foremost this is a site for DS and Wii banter, or as I said to a mate the other day who asked what this place was, it's our own version of an Xbox Live lobby.

Oh, and Chin, it's really not that hard to do.

:)

Oh you'll bring pie, but it will be the worst kind... the kind that your gran makes you where the crust is cold but the filling burns your mouth and laughs at you. Evil Pie....

You can still do the OMFG8bit stuff and the reviews and articles cant you?

I have to admit that I almost always enjoy the stuff sly does, pretty much as long as Ben Never writes another weird fucking horse story then its all good.

All that's needed are people who have spare time to do a little updating, we have 4 forum mods and that's certainly plenty for a site like this, so it'll just be editor/publisher roles.

The actual work is a piece of piss to do, it's just a lot for one person, but if we have one for each section it'll be a piece of cake.

So, wiivo Chin and darkglobe are up for it. Anyone else?