passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Diddy Kong Racing DS

Hendo

Nah man, its too frustrating, is it worth doing?

Ive now beat two boss touch challenges but the hovercraft one sucks super balls.

Oh, and i've beaten TT's times with every vehicle on every track EXCEPT the ones you have to spend coins on, like Thunder Cove and that. On I go....

illdog wrote:

Nah man, its too frustrating, is it worth doing?

Not really:

You get one of those scratch cards, so it's only a few coins you're missing out on

Well done with the TT's, though. I haven't bothered going back to it yet, although I have bought a load of modes etc from the wish list menu.

I have TT up as a playable character now, he's miles better than all the other characters so far. Gonna go through Adventure 2 to unlock WizPig I rekon.

Only thing is, if we are going to bother doing any timetrial competition everyone needs TT really. Its worth it, so go on.

Just finished the first Adventure mode (and added it into my completed list). It's been good fun all said and done bar the STUPID FUCKING tacked on touch screen shite.

Absolutely pointless, why did they ever think it would be a good idea? Just a clearer looking version of the original with online play would've made it a game of the year, but they had to go and spoil it.

Hendo wrote:

Sounds like not using TT could be our only rule for multi!

That much faster?

Agreed.

And yes, he's tons better than everyone else.

Having played this rather extensively now, Im in two minds about the touch screen implementations.

They dont feel quite so tacked on anymore, and I appreciate that they at least bothered coming up with new ideas. I agree they are a bit broken and can be horrible to control, but I could see people moaning about yet another straight port if Rare hadnt tried anything new.

I think that the boss touch challenges are inexcusable, but the other stuff isnt too bad, the balloon things I could actually enjoy, and I did most of them first time round.

I have to still unlock wizpig and TT but of the two that I have played against on wifi usually I find that Wizpig beats my ass much more than TT does. However unlocking either of them is a pretty daunting task and I think that there should be a rule on no TT or wizpig, the other characters are pretty evenly matched.

The balloon popping challenges are fair game, but the boss challenges are appalling and whoever thought it would be a good idea to go from quickly rubbing the screen with your stylus and then quickly going straight into d-pad and button controls when you start a race?!

Well I've played against wiivo and ill now (only normal racing, haven't tried the battle modes or the 'token tussle', whatever that is) and I'm surprised how much fun it is!

After the annoying touch screen shit and the fact that I didn't think much of the original for multi, it seems to have the multi bit down and it's pretty good fun.

I like the lobby system and especially the 'cut off' switch so unlike MK you don't have to wait for it to decide there's no more players - if there's only 2 of you, you just go for it. No boring waiting.

I also like that you can play with just yer mates, or you can fill up the list with CPU's too.

I still think MK is the better game, but this has a bit more depth possibly, and the online system is much better.

Oliath wrote:

Hmm interesting.

I really need to sit down and figure out how the heck to get my M3 card working but am a bit of a techno douche and also only have a mac.

I could probably help you, Im on a Mac also :-) Just let me know whats up.

There's a guide for diddy kong racing on IGN If anyone want tips!

• 3 weeks later...

Where Do You Get Diddy Kong Racing DS I Want It For Easter

EDIT: I Get Presents At Easter Time In Stead Of The Eggs

• 7 years later...