passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Castlevania : Dawn Of Sorrow

Hendo

illdog wrote:

Thats another thing I love about Castlevania, the bosses reqiure some real old school tactics, meaning sometimes you have to die 50 times just to learn the pattern.

You see, this is what really turns me off the castlevania series of games. I know thats kind of the point, and it builds up a kind of suspense because you really want to stay alive, which is a great way of involving you in the game. It just feels like a bit of a chore at times, fighting until you catch a lucky break. I played this a little while back, borrowing a mates copy but as soon as i started getting into it, id come up against a boss that would sap my time, not leveling up, but continously getting within an inch of winning and then dying. I dunno....

I'll update this later on or tomorrow morn, but I gotta say I'm caning through this and loving it.

I'm at the point where I could go and end it quickly but I'm going for the proper end so it'll be a few more days I reckon.

TopGunKnacker wrote:

yeah, wish i had a new DS castlevania game.. :(

Well, there was three on the GBA so its just common courtesy to give us another on the DS. Now we play the waiting game.....

The waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry Hungry Hippo's.

yeah, a ds trilogy would be nice. and considering its the number 1 selling current gen games machine in the world, by a massive margin, and still has a couple of years left in it at least, id say we'll at least get a trilogy. maybe even a saga!

rather than play the waiting game to pass the time, we could watch the crying game. nothing like stargates super villain Ra getting his cock out to a bewildered irish bloke to pass the time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bit of a bump.

After finishing Order of Ecclesia I was still itching for some Vania, I should finish my Richter playthrough of Portrait but I remembered Julian mode on Dawn and convinced myself I'd never actually played it. It turned out I had so i deleted my new save file of 2 hours and went to my old one... of two hours <_< Dawn is my least favourite of the recent Castlevania's, and I wasn't really taken with Albius mode at first, it doesn't have the level design of Portrait of the enemy patterns of Ecclesia. It also felt way too easy, Richter mode on Portrait is tough, proper old school nes Castlevania tough at points, Albius mode on OoE isn't as difficult but has an interesting move set. Julien mode felt like an over powered Richter with a needless support character (a lot like Richter's I guess) on boring levels.

However, what was a way to waste an hour or two the other day has turned into my every spare 5 minutes game, it is pretty easy compared to the others, bar maybe one boss battle that required some actual thought, but it restricts you in ways that makes you tackle the castle differently. So I was really starting to enjoy it, then all of a sudden Alucard joined my team, again limited moveset but he can do things that Julien and his female friend just cant.

Anyway the short version of this is that iit's awesome and very worth going back to

• 1 year later...

Bumpity bump

I've been playing this a lot on my train journey (needed a break from DQIX) and its really strange to play after playing HD. No double jump for a start!

Its weird how much stuff from this was used in HD and reading over this thread it seems at least two of the bosses from this are in HD.

I have just beaten the first story bad guy - one of the contenders for the position of Dark Lord or sumfink and am currently getting pasted by some flying dark bat woman thing.

I've got my double jump now and have just beaten the puppet master guy - he was a lot easier in this than he is in HD!

And now in usual Castlevania fashion I cant find any of the rooms where I can use his power and consequently have got myself completely lost :unsure:

I started this again last night as Richter, its piss easy with him because of the size of his cock.

Anyways, i saw a room with a crumpled up puppet by a hole in a wall. Its not too far from where I saved, i'll have a look later and see if i can help.

old foreskin face? yeah he was a bitch when i faced him too

I am up to him and he is destroying me - I cant seem to find a spot where his attacks dont hit me. I will try Hendos fire cloak tip but I think I need to some more levelling before I have a chance against him.