passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Persona 3 Reload

HandsomeDead

I kinda love Junpei this time around. He’s the right kind of stupid. It was the bit on the beach where they’re trying to hit on girls which sold me. It was so funny 

HandsomeDead yeah thats reminded me thats why i didnt like her, i maybe shouldnt comment based on the old versions, sounds like from what you guys have said id probably like this version more, do want to get round to it at some point.

I can see why they put in the team social links this time around. Not only is it another cool objective to get and gives great power ups perks to the team, but it also gives me something to do in the evening which is helpful because I've maxed all social stats, completed the 2 night time social links and got the achievement for earning 50k doing part time jobs. 

If it wasn't for the team stuff in the evening I would have fuck all to do. 

Phew, making these Personas and rebuying registered Personas to keep making them is getting too expensive. I went from about 250K down to 40K and I still had some Personas left over to make. 

About to embark on another block and I think this time I'm going to have to take the money reward every time.

Actually, as I write this, I just remembered that I forgetting to use the fortune teller 😭

Every time I'm in Tartarus I think "Ah! Next time use the fortune teller" and have not done it once. 

Managed to max a bunch of social links and get my team their +2 skills. So hopefully this will be easy enough. I have a whole block to cover, 3 people to save, and need a lot of money. The deadline is Nov 2nd and the date is Nov 1st lol 

I genuinely think this has the most fun turn based combat ever. This comparison is just for me, but it reminds me when I played Mario Kart 8. That game started to become incredible when I noticed just how fun it is to push the buttons. Like hop, drift and boosting just felt so smooth and made me feel slick just hitting the buttons.

This is what this game is like, except the way the menus and animations slide from one thing to the next, it has that same slick/powerful feeling to it. 

The Shift transition is godlike 

Spoiler

a28fffe610bf4405eeb6a7c5d8c78de6823ee855

And you add in the music and everything ah. 

I'm nearing 70 hours in and this is the first time a turn based battle system has got more fun and more compelling the more I play it. 

Oh my god I fucking love this game it's so good. I wish I had completed it before my holiday because I'm losing my week to it 😭

If the 'Answer' ends up being the FES content, then I'm not sure if I'll play it. 

Anyway, look at these Personas

Bloodborne boss

Persona 3 Reload 13_03_2024 22_00_29.png

Sorry, were you trying to hit me? 

Persona 3 Reload 13_03_2024 21_59_15.png

Ok, they went too far 

Persona 3 Reload 13_03_2024 22_00_44.png

EDIT: Just to say on the second one - 

Shift boost is +10% damage when shifted too

Shift Amp is +20% damage when shifted too

and the skill coming up Strike Amp is +50% damage for strike skills when shifted too

And it all stacks, I think

Is the gameplan, Tarukaja, shift to this guy, one shot enemy? 

One thing that narks me with the gameplay is that I can't tag a Persona to be my default one (i.e. to always be the one my MC starts with in each battle).

So I'd really like the one that gives me +5SP (and Defence buffs) to open every fight, but it always goes to the one you'd used last (yep I know you can manually switch back between fights, but it's a bit irksome).

Yeah, I think that too. They’ve done a lot of QoL stuff compared to other games and generally made just doing things much easier, yet there are little touches like that which are still annoying 

Ok, I'm not saying this version of the song is better than the original, I miss the French girl rapping. But it's on par. 

For reference 

Yukari is so useless I'm worried she's going to miss her shot and the arrow is going to hit a teammate on the opposite side to her. 

On the other hand, Ken is MVP.

• Pierce, Light and Electric Damage.
  • Heal spells + Revive spell
  • 10sp back per turn. 
  • 99% crit rate on status'd enemies
  • Gives SP when shifting to an ally

Him and my MC are handling entire blocks by them selves while Mitsuru and whoever else stand around feeling, I assume, like liabilities and guilty that they don't pull their weight. Fucking useless cunts. 

I swear my end team is going to be the MC, the kid and the dog and everyone else can go sit back at the dorm 

EDIT: In fact I'll bring Yukari as well just to berate her

Look at them fucking go! Why can't you do any of that? Stand there and marinate in the shame you loathsomely useless shit sucker 

DOUBLE EDIT: 

Also

image.png

It's been a lot this week 

Yeah, I don’t really know. I’ve reloaded a lot to do social links over so my in game time is about 85 hours now. I’ve done some grinding here and there as well. 

But not 15 hours extra. So I dunno 

image.png

This my new favourite guy because look at all he's auto stuff at the start of a battle. 2 of those 4 auto skills apply to the whole party. 

The Angelic Grace skill gives him high chance to dodge all elemental attacks.

And if any boss or mini boss starts the battle by applying buffs to them, he has Dekaja which cancels all buffs on all foes.

I've fused him a couple of times now, and he's very expensive, but I keep resummoning him because he's such a great lead. 

Okay, I think the OG may have been the first single player game that took me over 100 hours.  So my first play through was closer to that.  And I'm sure I did less of the game than I did with this Reload run.