passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nag

Started this earlier (didn't try the demo earlier in the year) played for around 2.5/3 hours.

Not sure what to think of it yet, it OK to play I guess... definitely not as tight as Elden Ring, there's been a few times where it's seemed like the buttons were a tad unresponsive... and I've also been stun locked which is very annoying.

Looks wise it could quite easily be a sequel to Bloodborne... it's very similar. Looks pretty decent though, nice and sharp... I'm playing in quality mode but I have no idea what that does to resolution and framerate in this though.

Like most Soulsborne games I'm feeling a little lost at the moment tbh... what with the amount of random items I'm picking up and the amount combat notes being thrown my way... we'll see how far I make it in this as I've read it's fairly difficult and unlike Elden Ring I can't ride on the coat tails of better players so don't be too surprised if my next post on the game is in the "Sacked that off mate" thread.😂

ddd4bec3-211e-4e69-b8a5-d92e9d193cbc.png

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve made a start on this now. It definitely feels a little better than in the demo. Still not great though. The dodge is still shit but the perfect guard thing seems a little better. Made it just passed where the demo ended and it’a clicking with me a little better. 

I’ve also made a decision to go the ‘magic’ route. Using a staff with electric energy and that’s been a bit more enjoyable than the standard swords. 

I read somewhere that you need some kind of ability unlocked before the dodge gets anywhere near useful but I've not been back to this since my initial post so I've made no more progress at all to see.

Hit my first difficulty spike last night. Big fire based fucker. It was weird as he didn’t actually seem that difficult as he’s got a pretty basic move set but still gave me some real trouble. I think I’m realising the trouble I’m having with perfect guards not feeling great is because enemies have such long wind ups and fake out attacks it’s more a trial of waiting to block rather than it being a reaction to an attack. If that makes sense? 

Anyway, beat him. & although I’ve got my issues as highlighted I am starting to really enjoy it still in spite of them. 

This feels like My First SoulsBorne to me in a lot of ways. I've tried Elden Ring and really struggled. Same with Dark Souls, Bloodborne and the original Lords of the Fallen. All of them have handed my own ass to me on a platter in several different ways. 

This, though. There's something in it that clicks with me really, really well. Most bigger enemies only take a couple of goes to figure out. And even for the actual bosses, I beat one first time a couple of days ago.

This is even with me being unable to get the parrying down. I'm mostly managing by taking advantage of the i-frames in the dodge.

Nothing feels unfair or OP. The loop of hopping back to the hub to level up is really satisfying.

Currently running around a factory and having tons of fun. I've fucked up some dude with a shield, opened up lots of branching paths, and generally just sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.

It often takes me a while to get into these overly difficult titles, and more often than not the difficulty turns me away completely. But there's something here that is keeping me invested. Like I said, My First SoulsBorne. 

I’ve made a lot of progress in this now. I’m not entirely sure why I keep playing it as I’m still not keen on the defensive options during combat which really hurts it IMO. Almost every boss I fight now has 2 forms too. Not the usual half way switch up but as in a full health bar, then a cut scene an after which you basically have to beat a tougher version for another entire health bar. This is getting a bit tiresome. But I keep going back and when I do I tend to play for hours at a time.   

I’ve just reached the boss of the swamp area & starting to wonder if I need to respec too. I’m basically doing no damage anymore. Especially during his 2nd health bar. Definitely don’t recommend people do the Advance build - basically the magic one. It really limits your weapon choice. I’ve basically had the same ones I gained in the early hours and the weapon stats are a lot lower than all the others I’ve picked up or could have gained from boss Ergos which have all been standard type.