passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mortal Kombat 1

DisturbedSwan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh yeah. This was a thing, wasn’t it.

Honestly, this game was such a letdown. Why bother rebooting the story, only for it STILL to be a confusing mess? 
Konquest was tedious. And the Micro transactions bullshit was the final straw.

There’s a reason most people have abandoned this, and Tekken 8 is thriving. And that’s because Tekken 8 is actually good.

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

There’s a reason most people have abandoned this, and Tekken 8 is thriving. And that’s because Tekken 8 is actually good.

Love MK. Love Tekken. 100% agree with this though. I traded it in already. Finished the story mode. Unlocked the arcade endings and one "season" of Invasions was more than enough for me. Still having "old skool" brain. That should have been the line drawn under MK 1 and NRS should have moved onto the sequel already.

But between DLC and Season Passes. The current ethos seems to be to run one game into the ground first. If this were applied to the dawn of the series. We'd likely still be on (OG) MK1.8 or some such. Like how Capcom redid SF2 multiple times...

I wouldn’t say MK1 was a terrible game. But, I think it speaks volumes that though I got the Platinum trophy for Tekken 8 a while ago, it remains on my hard-drive, and I keep playing it.

MK1 got sold ages ago, and I’d never go back to it anyway. Tekken 8 has far more content, and is just the more fun game, to me.