passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game of the Year 2023

DisturbedSwan

I stand by my vote for Pokémon, it's a good game in an abysmally bad packaging.

But surprised about Yakuza, seems a lot of people are just enjoying it silently as I've barely seen anyone mention it here.

13 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

That category should’ve had a joint winner, only just realised after I checked my notes lol. Have updated it.

That’s much better! 

2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

I stand by my vote for Pokémon, it's a good game in an abysmally bad packaging.

But surprised about Yakuza, seems a lot of people are just enjoying it silently as I've barely seen anyone mention it here.

Fair enough. Just seems even big Pokémon fans spend all their time slagging that game off though. Suppose can still enjoy it while recognising the myriad of issues. 

I personally preferred Ishin as 2023’s best Yakuza. Gaiden was a 7/10 for me. Although those last couple of hours was some of the best gaming I’ve had ever! Absolutely brilliant and beautiful finish to it. 

See, I liked Ishin,  but Gaiden was more fun to me. A lot of what Ishin had, went over my head completely, whereas Gaiden I did the vast majority of. To me, it was up there with the very best of the series, such as Zero. But maybe I’m a bit biased, as Kiryu is my absolute favourite. Obviously 😄

Dont get me wrong I enjoyed Gaiden and the story. A tear jerker if there was one. 

What i meant by 6 was that i feel they wimped out on finishing kiryus story then. To me it always seemed like it was planned for his story to end then. 

As such leaving it open had them fumbling to finish it properly. 

Now with this yakuza rpg joke gone wrong leaves the yakuza series relegated to this. 

Still hopefully they will continue Judgement series, or at least tales from kamarucho.