passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Neon White

spatular

This is like a fps parkour shooter type thing, like super meat boy in 3d, like cloudbuilt, or ghostrunner with more shooting. Also its like a timetrial thing where you have to beat levels asap to get gold/silver/etc medals, which you actually need to progress. You need gold or above on a certain number of levels to progress to the next set, so far anyway this hasnt been too tricky. The levels are between 10 seconds and about a minute long so far, ive done the first 20.

theres a jump button, a fire button, a switch card button, and an alternate fire/ability button, all on bumpers/triggers which is good. You pick up card and that decides what fire/alternate do, it sort of works like a context sensitive button, so youll pick up a pistol just before you need to do a double jump (pistol alternate fire is a second jump). Alternate fire also throws the card away. Other cards have alternates like a boost, or a grenade launcher you can use to blast yourself up high. Its a good system as it keeps the button count low so they can all be on the triggers. I found it can confuse me at times though because the same button does loads of different things which sort of fries my brain a bit.

Theres some talking/story stuff but it seems unnecessary and can be fast forwarded.

its not surprising i like this as i like stuff like ghostrunner and cloudbuilt, and so far its been really good. Unclear if the confusing multi use button stuff will halt my progress later on.

anyone giving it a go?

I picked this up yesterday and played the first fifteen levels or so, replaying them to beat a few of my friends times. It's fantastic. It's super slick to play and having your ghost to race against and try and find the best route through a level is thrilling. I'm actually pretty invested in the story and it's got some great voice acting (the main protagonist is voiced by Steve Blum aka Spike from Cowboy Beebop).

It feels like the weird lovechild of Quake, Mirrors Edge and Super Meat Boy, all wrapped up in the stylings of a Dreamcast game, yet it somehow manages to feel fresh and new.

Nice one! Ive been having the tv on at the same time so missed the voice acting unfortunately.

Finished it earlier and overall really enjoyed it. When you get in the flow and are zipping around the level its great fun. Seen a few bits near the end where you have to switch cards, but it wasnt too bad/confusing. Got mostly gold times, need 14 more but theyre the harder ones at the end. Barely collected any presents, so went back to the start to collect more presents and try to get some ace medals. about 15 hours on the clock at the end.

not big spoilers but about possible multiple endings
Spoiler

Theres a greyed out choice at the end which i think needs you to collect more presents to get, will try and get it but probably not if you have to start the game all over again

Sorry this is a mess been struggling to post in here

I've picked this up today. I'm only on the 2nd set of levels so not that far in, but I am enjoying it. you can tell there's room for it to get really tricky. Also, having Spatular's times on my board, I've done well against a few, but there's at least one I've no idea how to beat, there's a lot there in how it works, I'm guessing there's tricks even the devs weren't expecting

Nice one! Ive been going back through it from the start trying to get the ace medals, some of them its just doing everything fast, but others you need to do shortcuts, if you play the level a few times you unlock a shortcut hint, ive mostly been using those, found a few on my own but mostly im useless at finding shortcuts without the hints. Been collecting the parcels too, the ones you can easily see and then have to work out how to get to them are pretty fun, but the hidden ones are annoying, been skipping those.

Up to about 30 hours on this now, think im going to take a break, maybe end up not playing it any more, but its been brilliant, goty for me up there with kirby. Got all gold medals, so neon rank 1, and over half way on the presents and ace medals. Looked up online how you get the other ending 

Spoiler

You need all presents and use them to max out all the side character interactions.

• 1 year later...

Got this last week.

Didn't really like it to start with, bloody stupid fingers getting muddled with the controls but noooooow it's clicked, it's fantastic!

I'm not really the type of person to push for the highest scores (apart from Forza against @spatularall those years ago) but somehow here I really want the top medals! So I'm playing each level a few times to get the fastest times I can - good sign of a good game IMO!