passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Playstation Showcase

Maf

Is this going to be the start of the Marvel Video game Interconnected Universe? Insomniac doing Wolverine and Spider-Man? That’s a classic combo right there 

AND SPIDER-MAN DAMN

VENOM AND KRAVEN OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY 

Not even a tentative date for God of War, or did I miss it?

Spider-Men with Venom is pretty cool though, but announcing a 2023 game in 2021 is such a Sony move. Still, how many friggin' people does Insomniac have? Their output is crazy.

God of War looking cross-gen as fuck lol

Not quite as excited for it now, I'm sure it will be great but between all the CG teasers and GoW being very PS4 it's still not convinced me the PS5 has much to offer.

The Insomniac games seem quite far off but I guess they are doing a Marvel universe now. A bit awkward with the Square stuff with GOTG

edit it's not even that it looks like a PS4 game, it just doesn't show a huge leap over the first one (reused environments as well)

edit 2 to expand on that again I just felt as much as I liked the first one it was like 2 hours too long, or something, and something that looks so similar is a bit deflating.

God of War looks so exactly the same it’s very underwhelming. Maybe YT is killing some of the graphical quality, and it’s not finished yet, but even from a gameplay perspective. Wow. That’s, err, that’s a GoW 2 all right.

I thought the presentation was all right overall. There was a bit of a second third lull and a lot of the big announcements were just cinematic trailers. Very good announcements though, I can not deny

KoTOR Remake, Wolverine, Spider-Man 2 and that Project Eve game were my favourites

This 2026 game is going to be sick

Spoiler

736335.jpg

Agree completely with the GoW takes. Like Mary said, no actual date still either. 

Just watched a couple of trailers I missed, Ghostwire looks mega, that is completely my type of shit. Probably my biggest take away. Was interested before but now it’s basically a day 1. 

I thought that Project Eve game looked really amazing. I didn’t know that had been announced before, but it has my attention now. It looked super good and it’s been a long time since there has been a new, interesting entry in the character action game space. 

KoTOR remake…what does that even meeeeean that game is going to need a total, top to bottom overhaul. The only thing they can reuse is the story. Dead excited though. It’s one of my favourite RPG’s ever. 

I actually think now what Sony are doing is a Lost Legacy style mini-sequel for their big exclusives to get some more mileage out of how expensive development is now. Like Miles Morales feels very recycled out of SpiderMan 1. Maybe that's why GoW looks samey

Just speculating anyway, seems to be a thing they could do. Which I'd be fine with if the games come out quicker (and are shorter also)

10 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Just watched a couple of trailers I missed, Ghostwire looks mega, that is completely my type of shit. Probably my biggest take away. Was interested before but now it’s basically a day 1. 

Yeah, Ghostwire looks excellent. You can tell Mikami's protégé channeled his inner Suda51 for a bit there.

I guess overall this was a pretty solid showcase but I'm so over announcing games two years in advance. I mean why do we need to know in September 2021 that there will be a new Spider-Man game in two years? But I guess that's just how Sony has been handling things since ... forever basically.

One thing I find weird about the focus on Marvel IPs is that they're basically strengthening another company's franchises with these games. It'S a bit odd to see a platformer holder lean into this so much – we've seen how quickly it can go downhill with Netflix and their Marvel shows.

It’s getting funny to me that Playstation won’t give up the Bloodbourne patch haha. Why are they holding on to it? They know everybody wants it, they’re updating every other PS4 game except one of it’s biggest, most popular and long lasting, they even put it on the PS Collection. And still no patch haha what cunts. 

I wonder if there is something about how that game is made that bumping it to 60 is just not that easy. Like if there are systems in the game designed and attached to the 30fps.

6 minutes ago, Maf said:

I didn’t know that had been announced before, but it has my attention now.

I remember the initial teaser getting lots of attention for mostly the wrong reasons (i.e. her butt jiggling in the wind or something): 

Hence why I found it weird to see it in a Sony showcase, but it looks slightly less thirsty now and more like a real game. A promising one at that, but I'm careful with no-name developers trying their hands at this genre.

13 minutes ago, Maf said:

It’s getting funny to me that Playstation won’t give up the Bloodbourne patch haha. Why are they holding on to it? They know everybody wants it, they’re updating every other PS4 game except one of it’s biggest, most popular and long lasting, they even put it on the PS Collection. And still no patch haha what cunts. 

I wonder if there is something about how that game is made that bumping it to 60 is just not that easy. Like if there are systems in the game designed and attached to the 30fps.

Well that has been a thing with these games, when Dark Souls 1 got its 60fps fan patch you had to be careful what ladders you slide down cause if the ladder is too tall you will go through the world. The remaster fixed that. Also 60fps rolls don't go as far.

Dark Souls II weapons degraded faster on the PC port originally, cause the logic was tied to framerate. So yea, I bet that this is the reason. Dark Souls 3 is when they got that shit fixed, but even then you can't play that game at 120fps. Same with Sekiro, cause they still tie a bunch of stuff to framerate

I think it's more likely at this point that they will do a full bluepoint remake or something like that.

18 minutes ago, mfnick said:

I also like T & A. I cannot lie. 

Word. I like those letters too.

5 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I think it's more likely at this point that they will do a full bluepoint remake or something like that.

If that happened I wouldn’t be surprised. But I don’t think the jump from PS4 to PS5 is quite big enough to be impressive. Not like a Demon’s Souls or a Shadow of the Colossus. So even though that would be cool I think a 60fps patch would serve just as good. 

My suspicion is they’re holding out until they do a sequel. Then drop the patch to get people excited about Bloodbourne again then the sequel drops.