passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Back 4 Blood

AndyKurosaki

Played the first 3 missions of the beta. Definitely a strong Left 4 Dead vibe. Unfortunately it all went tits up on mission 4. The objective is to leg it across a bridge, as an area constantly fills with zombies.

Unfortunately the 3 randoms I was with decided to stay and fight, rather than leg it as the objective specified. 
Which resulted in two game overs. After which I bailed 😄

Finished all of Act 1 yesterday with a mate, one random and a bot. The difficulty is all over the place. Most missions aren’t too bad, then you get one that is pretty much impossible with bots, as they do fuck all.

Managed to leg it across the bridge on the mission I got stuck on the other night. But then you get told “Plant two bombs” while you’re getting bombarded with zombies. Which took a few attempts. Only that ended in disaster, as the second we did, we got told to reach an evacuation zone 3 floors up, in 1 minute. Not simple when you’re getting ganked by special zombies. 3 of us got downed, and the bot decided to stay on a turret miles away, so we died and it was game over. 

In contrast, the finale of the act felt anticlimactic. You’d expect a huge fight, but after a few simple battles, that was it.

Big fan of the L4D, so have been looking forward to this beta.

Defo want to play it with friends as the bots AI is terrible as hell.

It does feel harder however but it feels like there's a lot more in depth with the leveled weapons/attachments combined with the deck building, maybe it was used to give more replayability? 

• 1 month later...

One thing I can say about this, is that it’s literally pointless to play it solo. Sure, bots can be used. But for some bizarre reason, you don’t unlock Supply Points. Which is the currency you use at your Homebase to unlock new cards, icons, and customisation stuff. 
You also apparently don’t unlock achievements on the PC version if you play solo either. 

I’d heard about that before I started, so on my brief session last night, I made sure to select an online lobby. Unfortunately, one of the players decided to fanny about instead of readying up, leading to us all waiting 5 minutes before we could start the match. And as he was playing on a different platform to me, there didn’t seem to be any way to tell him “Ready up, for fucks sake”.

Played the whole first act yesterday, 

Defo want to play with friends/randoms. The bots are a good shot but they seem to get stuck in random areas and start glitching the hell out.

Looking forward to raking in the supply points to unlock new cards for the deck building.

Turtle Rock and KFC dissing each other on Twitter lol. I love corporate Twitter when it gets weird. Whoever running the KFC gaming account forgot not to give real opinions

(Although seeing box art side by side I’m realising they did just put the 4 in the title like that).

Anyway I downloaded the game I might play it this week

Anyone know how to do match making for campaign? There seems to be an option for Swarm but not the main game. Google says it’s broken, but it reads more like it’s not working correctly instead of not being available. Not sure what I’m missing. 

EDIT: Never mind I was 1 menu button away.

It was Ok. I've only had 1 run so far and trying to learn the game. I played with 3 randoms. 1 of which died immediately by constantly trying to charge an Ogre at the start of level 2, another one bailed later in level 2, and me and the last guy got to the boat in level 3, but he picked up the explosives, I don't think he realised he had them because he was standing around for 15 minutes, then he ran on the boat and died and I died shortly after.

Raging success.

Seems fun, though. Only played about 40 minutes and need to learn more about it. I could see me giving it another go. 

This game is a fucking joke compared to Left 4 Dead. The other night, I got to the bridge mission that I finished in the beta. I got right to the end of that with my team, only for the game to totally crash on me. 

Later in the week, I played a few further missions with them, but because I wasn’t the host, my progress with those wasn’t saved. 
So I had to continue the run on the bridge mission the game crashed on. 
Only I waited 5 minutes to do a session, absolutely nobody joined,even with cross play on. So I was forced to play it with 3 bots. Unfortunately because of their fuck witted AI, and the constant barrage of special zombies the game fucking throws at you, even on easy, the mission is completely impossible to finish.

Clearly the talent behind Left 4 Dead has long since gone, because this game is just a fucking chore.

Played most of Act 1 with a mate yesterday. It’s mindless and basic but fun enough. 

The card stuff seems very pointless so far. Heard on some podcasts it changes the way you play. Does it really though? Because so far they’ve just been +5 health, +10 stamina etc. That kind of boring shit with the odd extra damage ones or speedrun type. Don’t get the praise for this system yet but I am really early on so will see if it does get mixed up a bit.