passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Space remake

retroed

• 1 year later...

I don't think the Dead Space Remake was ever gonna shift massive numbers and if EA thought differently they were deluding themselves... shame though as the Remake is actually better than the original and I would've loved to see what these guys could've done with the second game.

It also was a really quick turnaround from what I remember. I think they showed their first prototyp/alpha footage roughly three years before release or something? If indeed a project like this isn't worthwhile anymore for EA then they're in troubled waters. Wonder how long until they're just a sports games publisher and nothing else.

There's a lot of he said she said going on about it but the TL;DR now seems to be that DS2 remake was never on the cards in the first place

Click through to read more I guess cause there's lots of tweets, but an interesting detail is that the team themselves don't sound like they were even that interested in doing DSII themselves and wanted to do something different and new

It wasn't that long ago I loaded up DSII on PC, it was fine. They should just remaster it for Playstation players, I think Xbox get an 'automatic' remaster with their BC but I don't know.

To be completely honest, remaking Dead Space never made much sense to me. Always felt redundant. It's not like how there's been entire industry paradigm shifts since the classic REs, or how RE4 in particular was its own paradigm shifter, so revisiting those makes more sense than DS imo

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

, I think Xbox get an 'automatic' remaster with their BC

If memory serves a couple of the games got the fps boost... but we didn't get a resolution boost unfortunately. 

Also, Motive started work on an Iron Man game almost immediately after finishing Dead Space... and now they're involved with Battlefield too so they'll be getting closed soon... just like Visceral.😢😢