passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Abandoned

DisturbedSwan

Abandoned, a cinematic survival sim, hits PS5 later this year

Plan every move, weigh up every decision as you try and escape the sprawling wilderness.

Hasan Kahraman Game Director, Blue Box Game Studios

Hello everyone! I’m Hasan Kahraman from Blue Box Game Studios based in The Netherlands. The team and I are working on our new title, coming exclusively to PS5 this year and I can’t wait to show off some gameplay footage from the game in action. However, since the game is at an early development stage, I wanted to announce the game today and show off a little announcement teaser we made.

Abandoned is a cinematic, first-person horror survival shooter set in a highly detailed open world environment and favours a realistic approach to survival. 

The story is centered around Jason Longfield, who wakes up in a strange forest. Abandoned and not remembering how he got there, Jason soon finds out that he was kidnapped and brought there for a dark purpose. Fighting for his survival, his main goal is escape. 

Realistic character interaction

We want to deliver a uniquely personal gameplay experience, one that feels realistic. Every event has an influence on your character. If Jason is out of breath after sprinting (or is afraid), his firing accuracy will suffer. Unlike action shooter titles, firing weapons in Abandoned will be realistically slow. You will need to be tactical in order to survive. 

The development

Our studio is focused on crafting a cinematic style, first-person story. This is no fast-paced shooter in which you just run, aim and shoot. Abandoned requires you to hide and plan every shot before pulling the trigger. We want you to be nervous come each and every enemy encounter. To be aware that a wrong move can be the deciding factor between surviving a combat scenario or not.

Immersion through the DualSense wireless controller and 3D audio 

We wanted to emphasise realism through user immersion. This would not be possible without the DualSense wireless controller. Players will feel each and every interaction during gameplay – such as being struck by a bullet. Pulling the trigger on a loaded or unloaded gun will feel different. Equally 3D audio will help shape your decisions and tactics, using the accurate positioning of gunshots out in the wilds to help decide your next move. 

The power of PS5

Our team is still unravelling the power of PS5 but we’ve made amazing progress so far. The console allows us to process high quality motion capture, all running at 60 FPS and rendered at a native 4K resolution. We#re making sure the environmental quality is as close to the real thing as possible. In all, the result is realistic graphics, smooth character animations and minimal loading screens. 

Announcement teaser and release window 

While we don’t want to go through the full gameplay details just yet – a full gameplay video will be available soon! We couldn’t wait to give a glimpse of what to expect, so we hope you enjoy this sneak preview.

On their Instagram they only follow 2 accounts, one is a Mr Jon Finger

3B33BA73-94C8-4CA7-8976-D432E3729A48.png  

4A4B2FEE-63B4-4AC7-9FC8-F5ADFC0EF50A.jpegIn his latest

Instagram story he’s making a skull (part of the KojiPro studio logo).

You go to his IMDb page and it comes up with this:

881BF5B6-5C02-431D-91B2-E3415ED2A378.png

I can't tell if the theorycrafting is srs or not but the team behind this have went and said they have nothing to do with Kojima.

Besides that the trailer is just a look at some assets you can grab on a store, I dunno why this game caused the internet to go stir crazy for a bit. Hideo will make a weird announcement soon enough, but this definitely looks too cheap and terrible to have his 'fingerprint'. Kojima loves crafting trailers far too much

• 2 months later...

Latest weird updates:

The director's name translated from Turkish to Japanese is Hideo

KAs5GfJ.png

Also:

Some guys in our local Russian gaming chat translated BB site's StatCounter ID to hex and one symbol in that hex is apparently Japanese symbol that means Fog.

I mean. Like. Holy. Shit. This is either some smart PR for something big or just a series of miraculous coincidences.

E4E4vDNXwAIcDpo.jpg

E4E43rSX0AMTTQ4.jpgE4E44y_WYAE2S-O.jpg

I’ve never seen this kanji before. The kanji for fog is 霧. That kanji apparently means ”sky” but it is not a commonly used kanji in Japanese (I’m not sure if it used in Japanese at all). It might mean fog in Chinese.

That video that dude released made it sounds like some lawyers had a chat with him. Seems like they might have tried to bait the rumours a bit for self benefit.*

A thing I'll say is if these guys are actually doing a Silent Hill game then that obliterates my interest in it, given they have a history of failed kickstarters and shitty android games.

* Or it's all a very unfortunate misunderstanding, but the body language in the video makes it seem like a pretty bad situation for them

here is that video btw, look how hype he is

Based on previous stuff they seem to do low quality asset flips, the whole thing kinda feels like a grift and I think he's regretting it now

Tbh that Death Stranding trailer makes it feel more likely to me that Kojima's reached some arrangement to do a new Metal Gear than anything to do with this thing

The whole thing about Phantom Pain was cool but unlike this situation it was pretty obvious from the start that it was some kind of marketing stunt.

Abandoned on the other hand will be remembered as the game whose developers underestimated the power of trolling on twitter.

You might as well embrace bloober hills, and your Phil Spencer overlord

I think tho if Kojima has been involved it would have been way less mysterious and more obvious. People figured out everything from Phantom Pain immediately, even the ending. Also he is fethisistic about his trailers, he would never half ass a thing like that