passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Animal Crossing: New Horizons ?

mmmark

Yep we can work something out. :)

I still don't have cherries, if you were able to drop a couple off that'd be great!

I only got my 3 star rating yesterday, so haven't got started with the paths and planning stuff yet.

I got my fruit forests up and running now, only one left to finish planting. Making a ton of money each day and dirt paths between every tree so nothing (fossils, weeds, stones, etc) can appear there. 
It’s put me down to a 3 star island but according to the recommendations, I need to put up some fencing to make it better.

Think I’m coming to the end of my time with this for the time being.

Have loved it throughout but the past week I’ve been struggling with motivation as I’ve got so much money now I don’t really need to bother picking up all my fruit every day and stuff like that. 

My end goal was to fully upgrade my house and I ticked that off my list yesterday. I struggle a lot with creativity and don’t really want or know what to do with my island going forward other than putting a few inclines up and putting down a few more paths really. 

The fishing, bug catching etc. Doesn’t excite too much now as I rarely catch anything new at all. I think I’m best off leaving it or playing more sporadically rather than religiously every day until the Summer or a new Event pops up. 

594CB1C1-9A05-4478-A8A3-E1BCFBCC984C.jpeg

8DD39525-690C-489C-A20B-E9243CB07FBC.jpeg

873F4077-B1C7-42C5-98D1-8CE88D782F0C.jpeg

On 09/05/2020 at 10:03, mmmark said:

I hate to spoil your path party @Hendo but fossils can very much appear on them.

Dirt paths, yes. 
I swapped out the dirt paths for wooden paths instead and now nothing will appear on them, bar wood sticks that fall from the trees.

There’s a relatively small square of land where most of the rocks and fossils appear, a small strip near the sea also has fossils and rocks appear.

I have 3 massive orchards that make a ton of money now. One on the ground floor, one a floor up and then a third on the highest ground you can make that is walkable.

Spent a fortune on turnips this week so if anyone has anything like 150 or above, please let me know!

Here’s my (mostly) finished island.

89436070-D313-4EE7-9170-73E961E5F3EE.jpeg

All the residents live on their own estate. Between their houses and mine is a load of stuff like a fountain, well, swimming pool, etc.

The land is divided into 3 vertical levels. The middle dividing line of water, everything below that is ground level. Above and to the left is a level above. On the right is the level above.

All 3 levels have a massive orchard. The thin strips of green to the sides are filled with flowers and tree stumps for bugs. The green rectangle to the right of the museum is where the stones and fossils mostly appear, with a slight chance of them appearing on the east coast.

Currently I’m replacing the old cheap bridges with the better suiting rock bridges that match the stone inclines and stone paths better.

After that, there isn’t much more for me to do.

Every time I do an evaluation now they give me 3 stars and tell me there are too many trees, but right now I’m not that bothered about it and would rather have the money that comes from them. Maybe when the final mortgage is paid off, I’ll cut them down a bit and work on getting a 5 star island.

Here's my island. I like trekking around my island each day looking for fossils. Now there's bridges and inclines everywhere, it's not an issue.

20200512_153105.jpg

I am completely mortgage free now.

I have a modest 4000 turnips to offload this week.