passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

LEGO Star Wars II

Hendo

Yeah I usually give my games at least a few days before deciding if I like or dislike them but GameStation (where I bought it) are usually bastards when it comes to changing games the longer you leave it.

At least GAME have that 10 day no fuss return gimmick...GameStation have been known to insist on trade-ins just to swap a game.

Read that review that Phil put up and that's pretty much the gospel from what I've seen.

The camera isn't great, and it doesn't look as good as other versions (as you'd expect really).

Buy on DS if you only have a DS (unlikely, I know).

I'm gonna keep it and carry on playing as it is fun, but might buy the Cube or PSP version when they come out to get the full stunning effect.

Oh, and the touch screen is used well, not over the top, just used as you'd expect - choosing your character and stuff.

Well Ed, I bought it for 2 reasons (other than it being Star Wars in lego) - I seem to have an addiction to buying DS games and will they pull off a DS version? It works but does have bugs and would be more suited to a proper home console. I'm not gonna get rid of it but will be buying the Cube version. I think you're like me, so buy it cheapish.

I was really looking forwards to this.... but heard nothing but negative comments about it.

Here is part of a review someone sent to me:

But then things start straying in a direction that tells us that this game was rushed out the door. The camera system, admittedly one of the weaker elements of the console design, is handled horrendously on the Nintendo DS platform -- half the time it works as it's intended, but in that other half it'll get stuck or move too slowly, or not get close enough to the action to see gaps properly. Environments and characters will simply vanish off screen an obscene amount of times throughout the experience; you'll be walking along when suddenly "poof!" There goes the backdrop. There goes Han Solo. There goes your X-Wing or the asteroids you're flying around. It happens so much that I wouldn't be surprised that people will think their copy is defective. When we played it for review we tested it on multiple retail copies, on multiple games. This game is riddled with bugs and it's entirely unacceptable to find this many in a final retail product that can't even be patched with a post-release download.

Im borrowing it off someone from work for a couple of nights, who is going to take it back as he is so dissapointed wiht it...

However he is a harsh judge of all games as he used to work in game dev....

So if anyone has it... Hendo?? And wants to check out some of the co-op tonight... then let me know.

It's not online, dude! Otherwise I'd love to. Oh, and that review is spot on - it's bugged to hell and clearly unfinished. They obviously had to rush it to coincide with the new "before they were fucked with" versions of Star Wars DVD's.

WAAAAAAAAA

dammit... i was really looking forward to that.

I managed to sneak in a quick game while doing a poo.... and already i had my character vanish...

And let me clairfy something;

On reading the reviews and hearing people speak of characters vanishing, i assumed this was simple graphics popping up late on a scene load etc... but no... my character TOTALLY vanished from the screen... and i could run around etc etc... totally invisible to me (but not the enemies)

Its almost like they didnt have a debug stage...

Or if they did, the games testers were like

" hey.. yeah.. i found this one bug where your character vanishes"

And the dev's went

"yeah whatever noob... like you could ever make a game... you're fired"

Sorry to double post and all...

but been playing this all evening......

came home from work... made some supper... whacked on Return of the Jedi DVD in the bg and have gone through a few missions..

aside from a few minor glitches its still very good fun. Very impressed with the graphics and stuff.. yeah its buggy... and perhaps because i am only borrowing it and therefore not parted any cash for it i can let that slide....

.... that said i'm only at the end of episode IV so things could go to shit yet...

Jabba's ship and Stuck are two words i keep hearing lots of together when i read about this game.

Yep - sure enough... i got to Jabba's barge.. and got stuck multiple times.

Stupid little things like characters stuck in a loop jumping off ledges so i cant gain control of them..... or being spawned somewhere that its IMPOSSIBLE to get out from... and getting stuck in some geometry... all things meaning i had to restart the level!!!

SUCK

Such a shame as it had potential to be an AWESOME DS title... i seriously hope the team who worked on it get a good telling off

• 3 months later...

In case you missed it on the Reviews thread, the review for this is up HERE with donations from everyone.

And did you get the game very recently alistair? There were stories going round that as soon as the bugged copies had sold out the copies sold in the shops would have less bugs.

I enjoyed that game a bit, although I've heard the European version has more bugs than the US version. Haven't experienced a lot of bugs aside from bad camera angles that rendered the game impossible to play in some places.

Otherwise, it's fun but only in small doses. Definitely NOT amongst the best DS games out there.

But I consider it to be better than that "Star Wars: Deadly Alliance" so-generic-it-hurts game.