passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Alien - Isolation

Manicm

Playing this tonight, met the alien died twice, thought I had done it got to the lift then the cutscene came on doh! Will give it another go tomorrow, if the background in this is the future its pretty good. I do miss my surround sound but that might be too much in this game!

This doesn't give the greatest first impression.

The cut scenes at the start had really bad frame rate problems and at the moment I'm wandering round and not much is happening.

It's tense but it's certainly a slow start - I have yet to meet the big guy but I have been separated from my crew.

Awesome bit of fan service in Chapter 9... :)

I bet I can guess what that is, I'm sure it's been revealed in a preview anyway.

Still early in, briefly met my mother's old mate, though Ripley The Younger hasn't seen it enough to know what she's dealing with yet.

Well I think it's....

the yellow transporter thing

Got a little further.

I nearly gave up when being hunted by a small group of people, probably died about 10 times.

Eventually I think I accidentally swung the pipe thing against a wall which made one come looking for me and I clacked him with it.

I took out the other two as well but not quite like a stealthy ninja, didn't die though.

After that, Ripley met the Alien for the first time proper and I assume the last guy left got his.

Got a gun now, plus a hack device and the motion tracker. Also met the creepy androids.

I think your just ahead of me hendo, I keep getting stuck. Ive just got the hacker and gun, went back to the lift the damn alien keeps getting me. Hopefully back to this in a few days, a couple of late shifts on the bounce so no gaming till Friday.

Jesus, this game is tense as fuck.

I can see why some reviewers hated it because doing it as quick as possible would kill me. I'm happy doing it in short bursts, a chapter or two in a session.

Got to where you're helping some medical guy, my first proper encounter in the open happened with the Alien. I got eaten and I turned it off.

• 4 weeks later...

Will admit, im not getting on with this game, got a bit lost for a bit, ended up being killed by 3 androids at the same time then got lost when the game restarted. OH who normally likes these got fed up with it the other night and went to throw the pad across the room until I stopped her by telling her how much they cost these days!

Might finish COD singleplayer then go back to this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...