passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

wholehole

Are there any skills for Strider or tangential classes which reduce fall damage? Jumping on top of things seems to be the way of that class but too often I'm smashing myself facefirst into the ground.

I've read people can cancel the fall damage with reset but I want to be a cool helm splitting dude.

The action in this game is so good, but I really hate how healing works. Going out without a mage is really tough and it's not always easy to find a mage pawn (on PS4 anyway)

The game sort of feels min-maxed in favour of amazing fights against mythical monsters with a great selection of moves and builds but at the expense of almost everything else. Thankfully I love a great combat system and encounter design so I find it very easy to forgive. But I hope Dragons Dogma 2 comes out and fixes the dumb stuff. Like give us co-op with the pawns, it seems like a pretty obvious thing.

Anyway these big battles have me excited for DMC5 cause its all the same crew as Dogma :)

Do not know what that is ?

I beat up a castle full of women thieves and kicked a chimera's arse

I just got a trophy for entering a place called "Soulflayer Canyon"

I immediately left cause you don't just give people trophies for opening a door unless you're going to fuck thrm over with some bullshit ?

Spoiler

From the Northern Outpost from Gran Soren walk right out the gate and keep travelling wast. There's a big crystal; stuk out fo the floor surrounded by water. Take some empty vials and fill them up. Just walking in the water will regen your health too.

I've not really had much issue with healing, since my pawn is a mage, although the moment I see a mage that's at my level I'll be switching her to another vocation. Maybe give her all the gear I was wearing as a Fighter, the stuff I'm currently wearing is a one piece and I have no idea if it's any good comparatively because I'm not messing about trying to compare stuff, because the game doesn't make it easy to do that.

I really should look at the leather stuff I have, it't probably better for the Strider than the suit of armour I'm wearing now. Speaking of which, just put everything that doesn't perish into storage, it's probably going to come in handy at some point with the crafting and whatnot.

I made my pawn a sorcerer cause I want to see her do all that weird tornado shit I've seen in gifs.

One thing I struggle with is deciding if a skill for a pawn has any utility. You kind of need to play the vocation yourself to know. I thought Strider was rubbish until I tried it and discovered all the mobility options it has. Like jumping off enemy heads and using them as platforms to increase your air for helm splitters. Or the crazy invulnerability frames it has for its dodge which is a core skill

It would be cool if you could switch to your pawns and control directly or something.

35ish. Certain pawns are really hard to come by.

A lot of people have dumbass pawns as well, like I had an archer that had no clothes on and I spent more time picking them off the floor than they did shooting arrows. The good outweighs the bad but it seems that there are more magic DPS and tank like pawns than anything else.A tank usually takes up the free spot since those are the ones I find easiest to come by that have all the stuff I need.

I can't stop playing this. Can't play it this week but am already thinking of doing NG+ on hard mode when finished on normal. Can you do that?

I think the game maybe leans a bit too hard on those Cyclops and Griffin encounters but there's enough diversity in its vocations to excuse that. Also I'm hoping that DLC has a good few new enemies.

With regards to other people's pawns it seems my own pawn always last longer than them. I don't know if they all just have rubbish, unupgraded gear or what.

4 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Can't play it this week but am already thinking of doing NG+ on hard mode when finished on normal. Can you do that?

You can indeed, you can also basically NG+ this in to infinity.

Thanks, I will definitely be doing that :)

It's early days yet I suppose and maybe it gets bullshit towards the end. It's rough around the edges in ways that can bring the experience down but maybe this could be one of my favourite games ever by the time it's done?

I've just never seem action like this in an open world game. When you're fighting the big ones anyway. Even generic enemies like those ones with the glowing crystals for weak points are great to fight against

I hope the final boss isn't some lazy dogshit or something that'll make me eat my words.

The biggest twat in the game is the Ur Dragon but that's kind've a shared online fight thing which is completely optional (you can do him offline too, it's easier that way)... I never tried him this gen but on the 360 the game basically went down to single digit frame rates,  it was terrible.

I booted this today as all the talk recently made me curious to see what's been going on (if anything) with my pawn, seems like Rinoa has only been rented out three times since I last played and two of those were by people on my friends list... she has netted me 95,945 Rift Crystals though.

I don't think this got anything like the take up this gen compared to last though.

I'm sort of at a point in the game where it feels like it's wearing thin a bit and I'm finding it repetitive, the game has shown it's best tricks mostly. However I have less than half the vocations unlocked so there's still a lot to see there I'm sure.

The thing I thought starting off is that the game would end up doing is relying a lot on a handful of these very well designed beasts and make you fight them a lot. Which it kind of does. I don't mind that that much but Cyclops and chimeras can't always be surprising when you fight them a lot.

(Chimeras at night are the freakiest shit tho. When they creep into your lantern view  :o )

But while I felt this I also just got a mission called "The Final Battle". So I think the game held itself together pretty well if it's the point of wrapping itself up that I start thinking it's running out of ideas. Assuming it's not a misdirection anyway

But I still have that DLC to go to. Bitterblack Isle or whatever it is. I'm excited for that cause I'm sure it'll have loads of new enemies to learn. Apparently I should do this at post-game else I won't be strong enough.

14 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

But I still have that DLC to go to. Bitterblack Isle or whatever it is. I'm excited for that cause I'm sure it'll have loads of new enemies to learn. Apparently I should do this at post-game else I won't be strong enough.

unless you are super jazzed about really long winded fights with ultra tough bosses with 10+ health bars, then give bitterblack a swerve