passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

wholehole

Made some more progress with Bitterblack today, beat up some Lich dude who had a pet Cursed Dragon, had a run in with Death then cleared a room with two giant GoreCyclopse, Mages and Succubi... up to around level 92/93 now. Also found a nice new staff for Tika.

That room full of mages was the first place I really struggled. When I went in there all three mages were casting vortexes and I was constantly being thrown into the air and murdered. In the end I stood just outside the room and shot arrows in there until they were dead. Nothing quite like exploiting AI to progress in a game! How did you get through?

What is your set up for vocations for you and your pawns?

I've learned all of my core skills, so I've switched class to fighter to see if I can pick up some more skills. I've found the adjustment from ranger to fighter really tough, not being able to pick people out of the air or double jump is making me have to re-think how I wade in to fights.

Bob.... i pretty much did the same as you, although i ran in and murdered those mages before the GoreCyclops broke their chains... then legged it back up top to kill everything else. Still can't stand toe to toe with one of those fucking things let alone two.

Monkey... my main character is a magic archer although they've had stints as a fighter, strider and sorcerer. My pawn is a straight up damage dealing sorcerer but has been a fighter and is also a maxed out mage....she's set out as a Scather primary and Guardian secondary.

My main has maxed out each fighter, warrior, rogue, magic knight or whatever it is called and I settled on assassin since it seems to have the best of the rogue and fighter classes. My pawn is a fighter now but went through the rogue vocations before she arrived there so she has a few of the rogue augments still. Pretty basic stuff. Then I hire a damage mage and a healing mage from the rift to do the rest.

Quick question: I notice Dragon's Dogma is the game being tracked by Bob and Nag on raptr (Monkey are you on raptr?), not Dark Arisen. Does raptr read Dark Arisen as Dragon's Dogma or have you guys been playing the dlc from the original disc? I want add the hours to the version of the game that raptr is going to sync my achievements with, whenever I do go on Xbox Live.

Anyway I'm playing the game on normal, with Japanese voices and the HD texture pack. I've played up to the point where the dragon pulls out your heart. I liked the operatic singing on the title screen, reminded me of Deadly Premonition. The intro was good fun, especially the fight against the griffin. The primary/secondary abilities are a nice touch. The game looks very nice although obviously not up to the level of The Witcher 2 or Dark Souls. I love Japanese games. :)

Finished my first run through of the dlc... didn't have too many problems with the last boss (maybe because I was an Archer class?), now I've noticed that the mission marker is still present at Bitterblack Isle so maybe it requires two run throughs to complete entirely?

Anyway went a little way in again and its changed up some... harder enemies for one.

Quick question: I notice Dragon's Dogma is the game being tracked by Bob and Nag on raptr (Monkey are you on raptr?), not Dark Arisen. Does raptr read Dark Arisen as Dragon's Dogma or have you guys been playing the dlc from the original disc? I want add the hours to the version of the game that raptr is going to sync my achievements with, whenever I do go on Xbox Live.

forgot I had raptr! http://raptr.com/RoboticMonk3y/wall It's just listed as dragon's dogma...

Anyway I'm playing the game on normal, with Japanese voices and the HD texture pack.

The HD texture pack, isn't really a HD texture pack. The DLC come on the disc and this was at the cost of having to drop a lot of the game's original textures, so installing the 'HD texture pack' just makes the game look like the original graphics. I've no idea why the DLC wasn't all clumped onto the second disc.

I've also installed the Japanese language pack, and I've turn off the pawn chatter (there's only so many times you can be told that you've just walked past a really big tree before you want to push the pawns off the nearest cliff...)

I have all my gear at 3 stars..

...nothing dragon forged :(

about a 1 in 5 chance so I would have hoped at least one thing came out dragonforged, but ah well, apparently the thing comes back after 5 game days, so I'll give it another go in a while, see if I find it any easier.

also

read into it a bit more, one of the pawns kept changing my weapons to be enchanted with fire. This reduces damage to 20%

no wonder it took so bloody long!

shuffle around the pawns next time methinks.

I did like using the exploding arrows, firing all ten at once did a massive chunk off the health bar, bit of an expensive way to take the guy down though.

I'm trying to hit off as many side quests as possible, but some of them are tough, collect 50 of something (seekers tokens, war bugles etc) pain in the arse!

Some of those collectable quests are made easier as you'll get rewarded a big chunk of the total you need from some other quests (that makes no sense...sorry)... plus you can always forge any extras you need.

Some of those collectable quests are made easier as you'll get rewarded a big chunk of the total you need from some other quests (that makes no sense...sorry)... plus you can always forge any extras you need.

yea, that makes complete sense, I got 50 skulls for completing a quest recently