passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Whiskey_chaser

The quest to sneak Higba out of Driftwood without being seen by the magisters is brutal, just brutal. But in the course of trying it I’ve tried some cool stuff to mess with the patrolling magisters. You can place objects in their way like barrels to stop them moving. You can also block them with party members. Actually, I think I’ve figured out as I’m typing this how I’m going to do it…

Unlocked my second source ability now and I’ve received what is probably going to be my main over-arching quest for the remainder of the game. Also wrapped up most of the exploring and talking in Driftwood so I’m ready to set out on some adventures.

• 2 weeks later...

Closing in on 60 hours now. The landmass I’m on now is large, without being overwhelming. I haven’t done too much combat, I’ve mostly been exploring the map, unlocking waypoints and opening a lot of quests. My team is currently level 11. 

If anything, I’ve been battling with the constant crashes. It seems to be some kind of Direct X issue, I don’t know. It’s certainly dampening my enjoyment of the game.

But I have the whole week off because it’s Golden Week, so I can hammer the game quite hard for the next seven days. Either way, two weeks to go until Tears of the Kingdom so I’ll be sticking with this until then. Right now, it’s probably sitting on an 8/10.

Unfortunately, it looks like I’m going to have to park this indefinitely. I can’t keep playing it with the game crashing so frequently. Considering I played a string of PC games without problem before Divinity, I’m guessing the problem is connected to the game, although I’m not exactly sure. It seems like it might be connected to my graphics card. Either way, I have a huge chunk of the game left and I’d rather enjoy it without crashes, whenever I have the chance.

So that means I’ll have to play something else during my week off.