passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Hendo

Shock Horror, I think I might actually be getting fed up with Zelda!

Just gone from a Dungeon to a bit of led by the hand running around and before a knew it Id been sneaked into a bloody dungeon again, I dont mind the dungeons but Im just annoyed that I trudged through an annoying dungeon (I dont make any secrets that I hate the Water dungeons in the series, even Link to the past had an annoying water dungeon) and then looking forward to some kind of reward for my hard work. After some detective work(I dont like the warping random landmarks element either) I find a little place do a little zelda puzzle solving only to find a compass all of a sudden and I didnt even realise I was in a dungeon. Maybe someone whos done it knows which bit im on about.

But im losing hope, where Wii play is giving me competative fun straight away. I feel a bit like Zelda is my nagging wife while Wii play is the big boobed blonde in the office. (there its been said)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It might just be comittment issues...Im sure its because I keep dying to really shitty (imo cheaty) enemies combined with sinking sand. (dont want to give anything away but hopefully someone else thinks this combination is RIDICULOUS)

Edit: RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!:angry:

ah, dont let those enemies scream, keep hitting him and he won't (if it's the one I'm thinking about). if its the bugs do a spin attack.

And zelda is really all about the dungeons they are the fun parts the bits in bettween are relaxing, if you hate dungeons then it really isnt your sort of game.

Any way that dungeon you are on get's reall really freaking fun at the end, no spoilers but think tony hawks skateboarding, you'll know what I mean when you get to it, I loved it.

And if the sand keeps getting you dont step in the sand. Also no spoilers but remember you have special senses as a wolf.

EDIT: If you need further help sambo just PM me, we should try to keep it off the forum incase it spoils something.

Now on the Sand dungeon...

WOW!

possibly the greatest exapmle of level design I have ever seen in my life.

This really is turning into the most fun, rewarding, challenging and outright damn fucking awesome game I have ever played.

aye, sod it, i'll say it..... It's the best game ever :D

well im 40 hours in now, and just replied to another forum about my thoughts of it, so i'll whack them here too :)

---

Highs

Simply wonderful and awe inspiring dungeon design

wii-mote/nunchuck controls

style and look of the entire game world

the whole wolf dynamic

those magical beeps and tones that are classic Zelda

wonderful control

brilliant tools and weapons

Lows

erm.... the fact it will end

I'm currently at the time temple, and i'm just in absolute awe at the sheer brilliance of the design of the temples.

I've been playing games for nigh on 18 years, and this really is the best game I have ever played.

people moan about how long Nintendo take to make games, but sod it, i will happily wait years to experience something as perfect as this.

i have a feeling mario galaxy is going to be rather good, judging by the form Nintendo are on at the moment.

How do I hit those lantern monsters? the ones that are only a lantern with a blue light. I've seen about 2 or 3 and I have no idea how to attack them. (I've only finished the 2nd dungeon and am now on my way to the 3rd one, the one under the lake).

Bah, so little time to play. Im on the Lakebed Temple, its a brain taxer and I hate Zelda Water Temples, they suck balls. But its a pain I have to experience, the reward will be the pleasure the rest of the game will surely bring me.

I took a good break from Zelda whilst I over-indulged in Virtual Console games, gave the DS some lovin' and tried to get into some of the not-so-great Wii launch games.

Now thanks to Shin and illdog's help I've just started the Water Temple.

To be honest it's gonna have to be a stonker to overtake my favourite type of dungeon (that would be FIRE!).

the water temple is actually really fun in TP, I loved it and the boss is freaking awesome as well.

Goddamit I really need a decent guide, links to ones please, I want to play through this game 100%, as it was so damn fun the first time.

Fedex wrote:

Goddamit I really need a decent guide, links to ones please, I want to play through this game 100%, as it was so damn fun the first time.

How about that one illdog ordered? There's a normal guide out too - I think guides for big stuff like Zelda are always worth it.

Fedex wrote:

I bought THIS ONE, it's 432 pages big, and really nicely presented. I also ordered the Collectors Edition from Barnes&Noble.com (cheers Phooey), which is exactly the same inside but is a hardback with cloth map. This will be staying sealed and handed down through the family. ;)

Im nearing the end of the second set of dungeons, after youve done the initial three. Its quite good the dungeon are okay now im into them quite clever i just wish there was more of a reward in exploring un-aided. Although at some parts its possible to get really stumped I guess, Has anyone done the cave of ordeals yet, i stumbled upon it the other day, cleverly hidden.