passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DisturbedSwan

Managed to put a little bit of time into this this morning.

I am absolutely staggered at how good it is for now. Bearing in mind I've not played a mainline FIFA since '14 or '15 this just feels exactly like a mainline FIFA game, doesn't seem to be any compromises at all, feels like the real full-fat FIFA experience to me.

I was playing in Docked mode in 1080p and it just felt exactly like I remember FIFA feeling like when I played the last on XBOne/PS4 in the past.

I only thing I really noticed as 'missing' is the PL-partnered presentation over the matches, instead they use that older more blocky style that was in place before 2016 or so, I only knew this having watched some FIFA 16/17/18 preview videos but as I haven't played one for a while, again, it felt just the same as I remembered and lets be honest, it matters very little.

Only had time to mess around in the menu's, do a bit of team management and controller setup and do one online game. Looked through all the menus and everything looked like it was in there to me apart from the single-player story thing that they came up with last year, didn't touch FUT yet so don't know how many packs you get to start with or anything but yeah that's definitely a huge inclusion right there, will have to have a word with myself to make sure I don't buy too many packs :lol:

The game itself felt just like FIFA really, more fluid than I remembered maybe? Some of the technical little touches you could do, being able to lean in and shoulder-charge players off the ball and things like that felt new and the ball/player physics felt way easier to zip the ball around in, less glued to the feet than when I last played for sure. It will definitely take me a while to get used to the controls again, I'm so used to playing FIFA on xbox/PS controllers that learning to play on Cradled JoyCons will take a bit of time to get used to, it feels great to play though, just got to retrain my brain to the new face buttons. I'm quite pleased I didn't lose my first game online though despite a hell of a lot of wrong button presses! I'm sure it'll come back to me. 

DK5Ago1VoAU1m6h.jpg

DK5BXtzUMAA3t_p.jpg

Played a couple of games, been unable to score a goal which seems crazy but the defenders just all pounce on it, I’ve only played it on the handheld and it looks plays as expected, I’m half tempted to double dip and get it on the PS4 as well.

I will say the game play is good the passing and movement is great it’s just the final touch but that could be me, it’s great how it links back to your previous games through the ea severs. I need more time with this hopefully being switch based I will put a good few hours in, will update once I’ve scored!

• 1 year later...