passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

DisturbedSwan

I dunno. Bloodborne makes a lot of sense and has much fewer systems in place.

Also the control in this is off, no matter which option I choose, they both feel the same.

I think the biggest problem this game has for newcomers is walls of text as tutorials. There has to be better ways of bringing new people in.

Read the bestiary, or run away from the werewolf. Generally though throw up your shield before battle then fireball some fools. Dodging is probably better than blocking, and keep an eye on your health, there's potions and food for that, there's also a potion that just generally makes you more powerful

Tbh I didn't think Witcher 3 was all that system heavy. If you are struggling though just do an easier quest or two. Once you've gained a level, got better swords and armour you'll feel a difference

I got the werewolf down eventually.

I dropped the difficulty, killed the little ones, saved, attacked, backed away, saved, etc.

Seemed a bit of a cheese but then I noticed that he regens health so I had to go all in.

I always put the shield up and at least for the moment, the fire you have to be pretty close.

The gameplay's starting to click, though I'm ignoring loads of stuff like potions, crafting, etc. I'm pretty much getting through with just shield, fire and hitting stuff.

The story has become pretty ridiculous. Looking for someone? Go here and ask them.

Repeat till wild goose chase has come full circle.

So I've made a list of all the games I've played from this year (something like 23 at the moment) and this has actually moved up quite a bit, to the point of hovering near the top.

I will reiterate though, it makes a really bad first impression for someone who has had pretty much no experience of previous Witcher games and doesn't play many RPGs.

There's a hell of a lot more they could do to bring new people in better. If I had bought it on disc rather than go all in on the ultimate digital version, then it would be another Fallout 3 situation and it would've left my house by now.

It took one of my best friends who had been begging me to play it for months to tell me to ignore pretty much everything bar hitting things with swords for me to get past the mind boggling amount of shit in the game.

To go back to what Nag said earlier about Bloodborne, by comparison, Bloodborne is more like Streets of Rage, compared to this like a pen and paper RPG.

In Bloodborne you have no meaningful classes, no real magic or ranged stuff, no real use of potions or crafting, no great choice in character building, no wide variety of things to do. No proper story to speak of, no main or side quests, no helping out some character by the side of a road.

You march through and hit things with a weapon until they fall over.

I wasn't feeling this at all until I dropped the difficulty, ignored 90% of spells, upgrades, crafting and potions and just hit things with the occasional popping up a shield and throwing fire.

Also the Bloody Baron and swamp kids bits are really good, so now I'm in.

It wasn't cliché as such, it was more....

I want to find this person.

"Oh yeah, I saw her. Go here and do this for me and I'll tell you what I know."

I go to this quest for this guy and the person there has also seen her and then gives you another chase to do for information.

The Bloody Baron line in particular you just end up going round in circles. Some good little stories and characters though.

I knew going into this there was meant to be a lot of sex so it took a while but a character finally presented themself as being "up for it" so after many quests for them, he finally got down and did the dirty.

And then I killed her.

So that happened.

Yeah I read that it's level 30 based.

Yup - full version which gives the current expansion and then the next one. There's other DLC as well, although some might be free anyway. Alternate costumes for Ciri and the woman at the start, Yeneffer? And a load of language packs you can download.

Wench number 2 (a red head) has appeared.

Can't wait to bone and then murder her. :)

Well apart from a brief encounter with a "strumpet", Geralt's penis has been staying inside his pants. Triss went away with only a drunken kiss.

Level-wise, I'm about 17 or 18 now. I've been putting all my points into spell stuff till now but i think I'm done and moving on to health and combat stuff.

I only tend to use fire, shield and persuasion spells so I've unlocked some cool abilities with them.

Now I can pop up an active shield that gives me back health when enemies hit me which is very useful. The fire spell is now a stream of fire that tears through armour. Persuasion turns an enemy into an ally. And of course I can do the persuasion stuff in conversations.

I think the rest of my points will go into health and attack skills, unless someone has any good recommendations?

The story has gone into some pretty bizarre places, complete with Geralt putting on a play and being one of the leading actors.

It has turned around into of my favourite games and I've got that hankering to play at all times. I'm off work for 4 days from when I get up later in the day so I'm hoping to put more time into it, no idea whether the end game will be in sight though.

I could be wrong but I think I'm finally approaching the end.

For the first time it warned me to manually save my game and I should be at least level 22 to continue, plus some side quests might not be available after where I am.

On the downside, I still have no sign of an Internet connection and didn't get round to installing the first expansion.

Again, it feels like the end is in sight. Probably not though.

I've done all the gear hunt quests I can. One is bugged for me and is quite a common one, too.

I'm currently attempting to get Mastercrafted gear for Ursine (?) stuff - both swords, crossbow and all armour so I've finally got into crafting.

The only side quests I have left are Gwent ones and I'm still not interested in that.

Though I'll probably still try to visit all the locations I haven't done before I finish.

Massive game.