passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally unlocked the shortcut to what I presume is the boss in the Upper Cathedral Ward. I’ve gone back to the Dream though, as I’m low on vials, high on blood and I watched a YouTube video of two Scottish guys playing through it to see if I was missing anything and one of them mentioned that it should really only be attempted as late as possible.

I had a genuine jump scare where I let out, “oh fuck!” and my heart went when I got jumped by a werewolf that I wasn’t expecting. These games are still the only ones that scare me, the usual horror cannot come close to the dread and panic I get in these.

Spoiler

My predictions with the prostitute were on the ball. She give birth to a monstrosity. I followed the blood and ended her. Got an item that I've been told to hold on to since I'll need it.

Well that area was excruciating. I got a lot of insight stolen and it wasn't until @Hendo joined that we made some progress. There were some fuck ups on the way, but it got done in the end.

Did this twice, once on my character and once on Hendo's. The second run was the one you see in the video. That lock on at the end had me cursing the game out, dummy would have been spit if I'd have died to such a shitty mistake.

This was the third attempt. First attempt in Hendo's game we steamrolled it. Second attempt the NPC summons got stuck and eventually Hendo bit the dust. I fought on until it started damaging me by just being close to it and then got got as well. Third time it got what for again.

We were looking over the trophies at the end of the session. Probably going to go back and pick the stuff I've missed and maybe buy the weapons I don't have before moving on. Need to get the next blood thing as well to get my axe up to a +10. I'll probably use a guide for those though, I've gone blind for the most part aide from bits I've seen, but for that stuff I don't mind a pin in the game telling me where I should be looking.

@Sly Reflex got one of the hunter tools we both missed.

Instructions under the video in spoilers.

First of all you need to have done at least 5 bosses in co-op helping others, using the  League covenant rune, Impurity. You should’ve picked it up from the guy in Forbidden Woods. Beating bosses in co-op gives you vermin.

Crush the 5 vermin from the inventory then go to Forbidden Woods. Go speak to the guy who acknowledges that you’ve done it. Make sure the lift is up in the room next door and go back to the Dream.

Then go back to the Forbidden Woods and the NPC will be near the lamp. Pull him to follow you and get on the lift. He will follow you and fall off.

1 hour ago, Nag said:

This game is so obtuse, how the hell are you supposed to know any of this stuff?... I thought I'd seen a fair amount of the game following that area guide but apparently not.

Word of mouth innit? It's sort of like Skyrim, there's looooooads of stuff in that game where if you do certain things you can find things like that.

Unlocked the shortcut across the Nightmare. 

I remember that section being a lot worse than it actually is. I brought in help but they were rubbish so I got that far on my own.

I pretty much did the same as Blakey. 

I cleared out the more aggressive enemies but left the rock chuckers be and charged through only stopping to pick up items.

Probably did help that I put on my best frenzy clothes and have a frenzy rune on.

7 hours ago, Nag said:

This game is so obtuse, how the hell are you supposed to know any of this stuff?... I thought I'd seen a fair amount of the game following that area guide but apparently not.

the guy in the woods is part of a faction added when the DLC dropped, if you talk to him, he tells you there are rewards for helping out other people.

you get one of thsoe worm things when you help somone beat a boss...

There's a lot of stuff in the text descriptions of items, and also story alluded to depending on where you see people, what they are doing (and sometimes how they are dressed)

I get what you mean though, weird melty space people... menstrual blood... moons... it's all a bit.. weird really..

On 18/09/2018 at 22:31, RoboticMonk3y said:

the guy in the woods is part of a faction added when the DLC dropped, if you talk to him, he tells you there are rewards for helping out other people.

you get one of those worm things when you help somone beat a boss...

I don't actually know about this, since the trophy for getting the thing he drops is part of the vanilla achievements. I got the equipment he drops tonight. I also got other bits of equipment I was missing. I'm just missing the Choir Bell now. I just broke my rule of looking at a walk through and it looks like a complete pain in the arse to get. Might be a co-op run with @Hendo to get that.

Spoiler

Eileen has passed her gauntlet of hunting hunter on to me. To be honest I'm pretty sick of fighting other hunters, by that I mean PvP stuff. The amount of people there that would drag me into a game where there's a invader was crazy high. There was one point at the Rom door where I got dragged in where there was me, another co-op guy, the host and invader and the NPC hunter all duking it out on the balcony. It feels really clumsy. I'm sure some people live for the PvP in Bloodborne, but it feels like an afterthought.

Speaking of the Rom fight.

Might have got copped at the end by the jumping spider if Rom hadn't died. Pretty pleased with that though.

Was hoping to get the badge from the Vileblood Queen as well, but she's not repawning for me. Think it might be guide time there too. The trophy for getting the badges has a badge that's in a Chalice Dungeon. It depends how I feel after everything is done if I go for that. Also @Hendo dependant as that's who I'll be co-oping with.

I've been putting it off since forever but I finally went back to the clinic to see what awaited me there. I was expecting a boss. What I got was a lady pregnant with this Lovecraft shite. Put her out of her misery. Got another umbilical cord.

I think that's it for everything behind me. Unless there's stuff I may have missed, then it looks like I'll be heading back into the shithole that is the Mensis.