passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Geometry Wars 3

spatular

Yeah so it's geometry wars, it's quite expensive, £14 on consoles and cheaper on steam, £12 maybe? And most of the new stuff I don't like and the old modes don't seem as good as the old versions so I was regretting buying it pretty quickly. I see sale written all over this, I think it'll go cheap pretty soon. So not sure why I bought it, stupidity mostly. Although I have been playing it quit a bit so it's done better than a lot of games I buy then never get round to playing.

I gave it a good go at the adventure mode though and it's winning me round enough so I don't think I've wasted money on it now, and did enjoy some of the modes, at it's core geo wars is a good game, and chasing the scores of other people and the pre determined scores to win 1 to 3 stars on each level is very compelling. Then went back to the old modes and enjoyed it a bit more.

It's got a lot of the same old problems with visibility, I often can't see what's killed me, and I don't think the 3d levels help here, but then there aren't that many of them compared to the flatter ones, so that's good. The hit box seems bigger, and your ship seems slower and less responsive, so fitting through tight gaps and doing cool stuff in pacifist mode seems a lot harder anyway - that could be me remembering badly mind.

This seems pretty negative, maybe because I'm a bit down on geo wars in general, so sorry about that because really it is a good game.

I've been sent it to review, I like it but it's the first Geometry Wars game I've spent proper time with, so I'm shite at it.

I do have the same issue Spatular has, that I've been hit a few times by things I've had little chance of seeing or avoiding, but all in all I like it so far

no one else on my steam list has it though

My opinion on geo wars should be taken with a pinch of salt really, I have an irrational dislike of it, because of what it stands for than the game itself. Really I like the game but dislike myself for liking it or something.

Anyway, completed all the levels, good stuff :)

Fair does, takes all sorts I suppose. I quite like the new Sausage (oo-er) mode, feels disorientating at first but fun when you get the hang of it. Hopefully when this gets a price cut more people will bother with it. As leaderboard chasing in GW2 was one of the best parts of the game.

yeah the ones on 3d objects i find really disorientating too, i try and stay underneath whatever i'm shooting at, probably not the best plan for a high score but less disorientating. and yeah, i could have got the cheaper pc version, and DANGERMAN has it too, but i only have 10 or so people on my steam friends list so went with ps4 as i have loads more people on there for the leaderboards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...