passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

spatular

Played some of this just now, had a fun time. Not because what you'd expect though.

I had a bounty to kill 10 Fallen Elites. So I went to the place that has the dude come in from the drop ship every few minutes. There was another guy there who had the same idea. I didn't know this from the off, I thought he was just camping the roof sniping. Anyway, I scalp the first guy. Then I headshot the second guy, but I notice that the guy is trying to kill the same mob to get his bounty. Instead of just waiting it out he decided to be a dick by hitting and shooting at me, so of course I did what every single person would have done and stole the next 10 to 15 Elites by popping them in the head as soon as they came down. I got an angry message from him calling me a waste of space cocksucker. I sent him one back saying that he had a nice assault rifle. I got another message telling me to "Go fucking kill yourself, you killjoy". Awesome.

The silly thing is I only had to get 4 more kills, I'd have happily taken turns once I knew what he was after. He had to go and be a dick though, so the exquisite pain of trolling was my riposte, along with lots of waving and dancing after each kill. :lol:

OK, serious destiny talk. I bought an Exotic Helmet and boosted myself up to 29. Because of this it looks like I'll be able to buy something from the Vanguard weapons vendor when I get my next commendation. I'm looking to replace my Boiled Piss with something else. Anything worth taking from the vendor? The Badger looks OK, but then again looks can be deceiving. Come at me with your suggestions, Destiny cunts.

The Badger seems like a solid gun, but the Another NITC has some nicer perks I'd say, despite it being a gun that doesn't hit quite as hard. The Auto-rifles and pulse rifles they have are terrible so I think a scout rifle will be best until the drops go your way.

The Badger seems like a solid gun, but the Another NITC has some nicer perks I'd say, despite it being a gun that doesn't hit quite as hard. The Auto-rifles and pulse rifles they have are terrible so I think a scout rifle will be best until the drops go your way.

I noticed they have 2 of my legendaries in there, the Better the Devil You Know and the Boiled Piss. Drops going my way? You're having a fucking laugh, aren't you?

i've got an up for anything which is (well was) pretty good for crucible, but not sure it's the same as the vendor one and they've nerfed them even more so who knows now.

I have a blue auto rifle that I do OK with. It's one of the Crota drops. It's been great for Crucible, but apart from that it's falling behind. I'll probably keep ahold of it until I can kit myself out some more. It'll be my go to weapon if people manage to drag me into vs.

Struggled through the weekly strike, only to have some frenchman cheese it for us. He did all the hard work outside of mobbing. He got nothing of note for his effort. I got a legendary on the rewards screen. It's funny because in the Phogoth fight I did nothing at all, except fuck up. :lol:

I'm looking at buying my first exotic weapon. MIDA Multi Tool. Worth it? Looks quite nice.

Also, there's a load of exotics available for upgrade, some of them being those exotic bounties. Duck has the Invective, he could trade that in for a better version. The Thorn is also there, if you need to get through that strike to unlock it I am happy to help.

yeah the mida is good for most situations (guess that's where it gets the name), i like it. but it's not essential imo, only thing it's really really good for is the extra agility, especially the first part of the crota raid. if you've got loads of coins definitely get it, but if not it's always a bit of a gamble as something you want more could come up next week...or not.

The MIDA is very nice, you can pop sniper users that aren't acres away over and over and they can't do fuck all about it. Pretty good from the hip close up too. Probably still going to get the Badger to fall back on, but some of the faction specific weapons feel like they're calling my name. That Monarchy Auto Rifle is insane looking at the stats.

I forgot about the New Monarchy auto-rifle. It's good, you should maybe get hold of it. When I was at the same stage as you it was a gun I used a lot. In fact that gun got me through my early IB career. The auto-rifles have been nerfed quite a bit since but it should still stand up.

I got my first exotic bounty. I had a choice between The Thorn, Bad Juju and I think The Invective? I wouldn't mind The Thorn, but fuck doing that Crucible stuff without a void primary. I know nothing of the last gun I mention, but I know the Juju is used by a lot of Warlock players, so I went for that. Fuck knows if I'll ever get my hands on it, but it's worth a try at least.

I got a Vision of Confluence for finishing the raid. Looks alright, it's put a nail in the coffin of getting a Badger at least. I dunno what to get with my credits, maybe looking at an auto rifle or a heavy weapon from the Vanguard guy so I'm not having to twink the machinegun I have back and forth whenever I go to do strikes on alts.

I forgot to mention I spent all my motes on gloves. I got a hunter set and a warlock set. Both are very nice. They aren't the titan ones I was hoping for, but whatever, RNG is RNG.

I don't understand how someone can play that well with that affliction, but when I'm striking with randoms who are probably able bodied they fucking suck beyond belief. I'm terrible at this game, but I'm still better than the majority of people doing the strikes online.

EDIT: I'll be changing my clantag for a bit because I'm going to go for the complete a raid with all clan members trophy soonish. I'm not sure if you can flit between clans. I'd prefer to play under the MFG tag, but if I can't switch back after the trophy has popped then one of the admins will have to let me back in, if you can be arsed, of course. I can't actually remember a time when I've seen illdog on PSN recently and Sambob is incapped with the bairn. It might be for shit, really, it's not as if we do anything. There's only me, Duck and DC playing regularly and even then DC isn't flying under the flag.

Last time I did that raid it was just a bunch of us shouting at one another but they make it look effortless.

I just got a lucky drop. I shot a Dregg in the leg with my sniper rifle, just on patrol, and weirdly a purple heavy engrams popped. I open it up and it was an exotic rocket launcher, Truth. I have one but with the old stats so I've saved a gem. I also got two gems for scrapping the old Truth. Back of the net.

I've never seen a purple drop while shooting stuff up. I've seen it pop up while playing with others that someone in the party found a legendary engram, but I aren't that lucky.

Robo was telling me he saw an exotic engram drop once, but wiped before he could claim it. If that was me there would have been no holding me back, I'd have run into hell to get that bastard.