passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

spatular

You were kicking ass dude.

I got the fusion rifle from Crota, apparently it's not as good as murmur, oh well, I don't really use fusion rifles anyway.

Yeah the shotgun seems alright, but nothing special, used it a bit at the start of the raid and in crucible.

I really want the sniper and rocket launcher.

Oh and what did people get as their Xmas gift from the postmaster? I got an LDR 5001 sniper, I've already got one but a different colour, so it might come in handy.

See the online thread for my latest level related wranglings. Im glad to be playing again, managed to get some games during my lunch hour, but its a really daunting thing looking up at that level above you wondering how the fuck you are going to make it, but as Ed said, definitely glad to be in the fold, irritating as this fucker can be at times.

Time for gun stuff.

When Xur last visited I got my Hard Light upgraded. It's a gun that certainly came in useful from time to time but it was never my main. I'm a Pulse and Scout rifle guy... well not now. Most Pulse rifles are terrible now.

But anyway. Since I upgraded Hard Light I had to level up it's perks again and man is that thing useless without it's main gimmick. It can, eventually, shoot through enemies and bounce off walls. I wasn't sure at first, but since I've gone from upgraded to not to upgraded again, I think that perk can double damage in a lot of scenarios. You shoot a guy down a corridor with a wall behind him then all those bullets will go through him, bounce back, and hit him again.

I wasn't sure that happened until now. Now I have that perk again after not for a while there is such a noticable difference in my killing.

I also bought a Deviant Gravity-A recently. It's the only Heavy Machine Gun you can buy that is remotely like the mighty Jolder's Hammer. But man is it still no Jolder's Hammer. You can buy it off Dead Orbit but I wish I saved my money or whatever currency I spent and waited for the next Iron Banner to come around (where I could maybe get a JH with the nu-stats) because no other Machine Gun is like Jolder's Hammer. What a fuckin' gun. Most Iron Banner stuff is, to me. The guns they have available are always right up my street, play style-wise. Gonna have to get obsessed with it when the next one comes around. Need thode cool guns. I need MY cool guns.

Yep Iron Banner has gloves that will get you to level 32 with their 36 potential light stat, but they are at rank 4 of iron banner unfortunately. I got my boots so just need chest peice by levelling up crucible which I actually think iron banner does too?

Nope. Just checked The Swarm. It's base impact and range are quite a bit lower. It ain't no JH. Then you have the perks on top.

Seriously, I've ruined many a snipers day with that thing.

ah right, maybe the one i have has good perks or something then.

Good games over lunchtime with the irrepressible illdog. Did a bit of farming before hand, and didnt get that many materials, it seems like they have patched the drop rate of stuff on the moon at least. Im back to around half way through level 28 now, ive unlocked a lot of the upgrades but dont have the materials for them yet.

Did some of the DLC missions. They have really tried with the story element here, but I still didnt pay much attention to it, it was largely gun down a ton of shit and leap about much. I got a few bounties done and ting, but illdog was saying that theres not so much excitement in levelling up or farming stuff any more, and I agree, im not actually that bothered. I do still love just playing the game though, its a lot of fun as theres a lot going on with all the enemies and powers and weapons etc, especially when you get a couple of players on the go. I would probably still get the next expansion as im pretty happy to have more of the same to be honest, its an enjoyable grind when you arent that fussed about what you are trying to get to.

I played a few games the other day and only the other team got stuff, but it was like exotics and things, and it was regardless of whether they won or lost. So that can fuck off for a bit as far as im concerned, wouldnt mind those nice gloves from it, but im not going to be able to play enough in one week to get to rank four for at least a few iterations of the event, so fuck it.

someone was saying you have more chance of drops as you level up IB rank, so possibly that's why, i don't know.

played some more iron banner tonight, didn't go too well till the last 2 games. also got two universal remotes from the vault, never had one before...apparently they aren't very good.

I got my first legit purple drop last night.

It was a shotgun, and I got a purple shotgun free fro bungie, and I'm kinda torn which one I'd like to use.

One has slightly higher damage, but the other has much higher impact.

I've also got myself a rocket launcher, and I can't decide if I should use that or my machine gun, which is ok, but it kicks like a mofo

After a chat with someone who knows more about the game than I do, I've take off my faction banner, and started to try and get myself some vanguard points, so I can buy myself some better gear.

I managed to solo the daily yesterday again. I also played in a strike, where one person was hiding right at the back occasionally firing off a single sniper bullet and the other person quit out. taking out that fecker in a blue tank on your own is a proper pain in the pants.