passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

radiofloyd

Right, put 2 solid hours in to this. I was planning to get this Day One. And...I still am. It's very much a Souls game, which meant coming from my DS2 playthrough things felt very familiar. There's no explanation of what items are, or what buttons do what. It's left to you to figure out that stuff.

As per From usual, there are notes left by players, and spirits of people that have been killed.

Button layout is pretty much identical. R1 and R2 are your light/heavy attacks, which drain your stamina bar. There's no shield/block option, which will certainly take some getting used to. Instead L1 and L2 handle your special weapons, such as your rifle. As you'd expect, ammo is pretty limited.

Taking on enemies in groups is, as you'd expect, suicide. At one point I reached a large group of enemies surrounding a burning effigy, with seemingly no way to pass. Then a bell loudly chimed and they gradually cleared away into easier to handle groups.

I spent the first few minutes wandering around the starting area, filled with locked gates.Couldn't work out where to go, until I noticed the blatently obvious ladder I'd managed to miss. While climbing up the impressive looking tower, the camera panned back to show a fantastic, gloomy looking city.

Combat with the enemies is satisfying, wait for an opening then punish them for it. Managed to reach a huge Hulk style monster, but he absolutely battered me. Tried a couple more times, but getting through the enemies leading up to him takes a fair old while.

So while it's not called a Souls game, that's very much what it is. It looks fantastic, certainly one of the prettiest games I've seen on PS4. It'll be a long wait til February, that's for sure. If you're a Souls fan, you've probably already decided you want this. And I reckon you won't be disapointed.

Wow, sounds like it shaping up it be a good successor to souls then. Glad to hear that the pad layout is pretty much identical, so you don't have to relearn the pad setup. Hopefully you can get some more time out of the closed beta before it done.

Sadly I definitely won't get to play it on Sunday,as I work 12 til 9,so by the time I get home it'll be over with.Got a fucking verbal warning for leaving early last Sunday,so no chance I'll be doing that again.

I've seen some people worry "it'll not be a proper Souls game", which is certainly not the case. It may be a different name,but the core is still there.Currently there's no upgrade/status screen, which will surely be in the finished version.It reminded me a little of Resident Evil 4, of the crazy townspeople trying to kill you.Certainly in the way they talk to you while attacking,difference being it's English so you can understand them.

Genuinely does look amazing too. A few kills and my trenchcoat was splattered with blood. And yeah you'll not need to re-learn the pad layout. R3 locks on to enemies,Circle rolls out the way.So Souls veterans will be able to jump right in.

An entirely new section of Bloodborne has been uncovered via a glitch that allows users to leap into a place From hasn't yet finished.

While still under construction Twitch user RyuuJin882 captured his exploits exploring this new region that he uncovered based on an urban legend that you could jump onto a bench then over a fence that would lead to a place man was not yet meant to venture. Skip to 1:39 in the video if you want to see the new stuff.

It's quite a big new area that essentially doubles the size of the alpha. While glitchy as hell with vanishing textures and invisible walls, this secret area reveals a lot of new content with the highlight being a new boss whose Japanese name translates to Priest Gascoigne (thanks,NeoGAF).

An axe-wielding gunslinger, Gasciogne doesn't look much bigger than the player, but a YouTube video by Sanadsk shows us that he's capable of transforming into a werewolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCc8nrTEKv0

Other new content includes some new enemies such as giant diseased rats, crawling corpses and a humongous boar.

But one of the highlights is available in the main alpha, though it can only be glimpsed in the background. Look closely in certain scenes and you can see the skyline is obscured by a colossal spider-like monstrosity made of a mess of limbs and human-like hands. While not accessible in the alpha, how much do you want to bet that this beast eventually interrupts our adventure for what's sure to be one heck of a battle?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-06-bloodborne-alpha-secret-area-reveals-new-boss

Check out pictures of the spider in the link...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two Bloodborne Collector’s Editions have been announced for Europe and both are rather nice.

The least expensive of the two is the standard Collector’s Edition for €79.99, which comes with the following:

• Bloodborne PS4 game
  • SteelBook case
  • Premium art book with exclusive concept art
  • Digital soundtrack of the game
  • Collector’s Edition

The more expensive version, dubbed the Bloodborne Nightmare Edition will run you €119.99 and includes:

• Bloodborne PS4 game
  • SteelBook case
  • Premium art book with exclusive concept art
  • Digital soundtrack of the game
  • Bloodborne gothic notebook
  • Quill & red ink set
  • “Top Hat” Messenger skin
  • Bell trinket

Pre-order bonuses were also announced, so if you pre-pruchase either of the above or the standards edition from selected retailers, you will net: the ‘Fedora’ Messenger Skin, a Sawcleaver Steelbook or the ‘Bandages’ Messenger Skin.

Hit up the PS Blog for more information.

Bloodborne releases in Europe on March 25 and the previous day, March 24 in North America.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/11/bloodborne-collectors-editions-and-pre-order-extras-revealed-for-europe/

15803929209_9470af6014_b.jpg

15802549778_652b5eef36_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
Sony Computer Entertainment will release a Bloodborne PlayStation 4 bundle in Europe alongside the game’s launch on March 25, the company announced.

The bundle will include a copy of the game, a black PlayStation 4 console, and a black DualShock 4 controller. If Amazon Spain is to go by, it’ll cost 50 euro more than the standard console.

In a new video, SCE Japan Studio producer Masaaki Yamagiwa further details the game’s Chalice Dungeons. Find the video and Yamagiwa’s comments below.

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/bloodborne-ps4-bundle-announced-europe

• 1 month later...

Thinking of going balls deep and buying the digital version of this. Can get it for £40. I only played a bit of Dark Souls, never tried Demon's Souls, but there's something about it calling me. I've been watching a couple streams over the last few days, and it looks stunning. My only worry is not being able to commit lengthy periods of time to it. The most I get in one sitting is a couple hours, and that's not very often. Them reviews tho.

Its either this or Hardline and at the moment I, like Eduardo, am thinking of going balls deep and buying the digital version of this. I would like to know where you can get it for £40 though. Unlike Ed however Ive actually not played dark or demon souls at all, back on being just like Ed though, Im not going to get a ton of time to put into it either...

Check lakitu's post in Super Deals, sam. UK version and everything.

Hardline is very good too. I think you might need it as a cleanser for when things get a bit too much in Bloodborne. :unsure:

I'm off to preload!

Im doing that same thing now as we speak, I figure I can just play battlefield 4 if I want to quench that thirst, ive not even loaded the latest expansion yet, and there are a lot of people saying wait for hardline until its at the same level as BF4

EDIT: Why isnt it preloading?

ooh get you, I need to check mine, but imagine it would have finished now, ive been charged for it. Super excited to finally play one of these games, particularly with those reviews, not sure whether to watch streams of it or experience it new.

Could just read through the demon souls thread to get some tips I guess.

EDIT: Checked and mine has done too, love love love it when a plan comes together