passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

It was Harvest Valley that I found. I've also cleared that and I'm up to Earthen Peak. Although I'm going back to do the other area in huntsman copse, this game is MASSIVE!!!!

Anyone done The Belfrey? I get mullered. Will try again tomorrow, was fun fighting for the covenant there and defending the tower for a bit tho. Useful to get the lay of the place without getting attacked too.

Cheers. I will try that. I have not levelled up my health once, all just gained from other attributes, must be what I'm missing. Tempted to reset it all, I want to keep going with INT (?) so I can use soul spears but not sure it's worth it.

Maybe better to use this mega sword properly and work on defence and stamina. Confusing.

I might play DS1 after, I have a far greater understanding of all the levels now.

Not in this game! I have to continually check to make sure what each stat does because what you think they'd do are not. Like one you'd think would change your stamina but doesn't.

You'd think Vitality would change your health but it actually changes your equip load (though it does also boost your health, as do all the other stats).

Intelligence increases your magic attack power and speed of casting but there's no mana to speak of, when you cast it's the same as using a standard weapon in that it chugs through your stamina bar, which you would think might come in as Strength but is actually Endurance. Even with the new ability to press Select or Back to see what description each thing has, it still feels a little like mad voodoo.

It's same as Dark Souls then. You get fixed uses on magic, but the attacks hit harder when you level INT up. The only thing that didn't work like that was the Pyromancer glove because that classed as a weapon for some reason.

I don't really like the way magic works in these games, it made much more sense in Demon's.

People are still debating the stats I believe, which is fucking crazy. You'd think everything would be known and explained well by now but nope.

I think they did do some good work in making it easier for new players but it's still pretty impenetrable. New players could do the same as I did and walk straight past all the tutorial sections for example!

I also walked straight past all the mist and into Majula.

Yeah, I guess I have posted quite a bit. Takes a lot for a game to grab me these days, this certainly has and there is a really need to share the elation at certain points. My wife couldn't give less of a shit about me killing a boss :D

Still can't decide if I should up my INT, as the ranged magic is super useful and I use it for big groups all the time, or just pump up my strength. I want it all. It takes a long time to level up now too. I had 75k souls before and could only jump up 3 levels. Must resist turning it on now, time to go to the allotment :)

Have a nice weekend all!