passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

Mark this in your Diaries! The Yorkshireman spent some money! :P

Grabbed the Armoured Karuma. Not sure what to think of it yet, it feels sort of bland to drive and the top speeds and braking distances are kind of guff, although it's to be expected since it's covered in bullet proof plates. I don't like how it slides on tarmac and it's oddly prone to spinning out which could be problematic. Controls lovely on dirt, surprisingly it seems to be its forte, I spent ages in Blaine skirting across the fields and dust bowls sliding it about with no problems at all. I've not spent any money on upgrading it yet, so those issues I mentioned about performance might be null. I'm pretty underwhelmed with the stock version though.

EDIT: Bought one of those Hydras as well. I was worried to stretch its legs as it was dark and I really couldn't see anything at all, it seems pretty good though, but then again it wants to be for the 3 million it cost me.

Really digging the VIP missions, the Hostile Takeover ones are randomly generated with the final destination so you can't really plan where the mission is going once it's started and I really appreciate that they've done that since it gets a bit predictable and you just end up speedrunning stuff once you know what is going on.

I quite like the Asset Recoveries for the same reason, despite having the same kick off points the way it has different varying drop offs makes it so that it's keeping you on your toes. I kind of like that it forces you to get out of your comfort zone with the things it's asking you to drive too, I've seen all sorts of things I'd not drive usually and I feel that that sort of challenge trying to bust through police roadblocks in something that resembles a goldfish bowl on wheels or take an unconventional car offroad to confound the pursuers makes your wheelman skills a bit more versatile when you're faced with driving stock cars you have no choice over.

Sight Seeing is nice too. It's the least involving but it seems to me that each day that passes it rotates between randomly selected pick up points that are distinctive but unknown because they're sort of in plain view. GTAV is full of things like that, I'm pretty sure you could drop a player anywhere on the map at random and they wouldn't have to walk 10 meters before finding something cool to look at.

http://kotaku.com/rockstar-north-boss-leslie-benzies-is-out-after-nearly-1752495562

The man in charge of the regional Rockstar studio long credited with handling the bulk of development for the Grand Theft Auto games is no longer at the company, Rockstar confirmed to Kotaku today. The company said Rockstar North studio head Leslie Benzies had been on sabbatical for the past 17 months.

Rockstar North has had a less GTA-centric role in the past decade, as they and other regional Rockstar studios have been credited with sharing the work on the company’s major games, including the seemingly all-hands-on-deck 2013 GTA V.
But Benzies’ large team in the Scotland-based Rockstar North had been seen as major players for the past two decades in the creation of numerous Rockstar hits over the years, including the GTA releases, the first Manhunt and Red Dead Redemption. As recently as 2014, Benzies was named, along with Rockstar co-founders Sam and Dan Houser as an entrant into the Academy of Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame.
Rockstar North is continuing along, but Benzies won’t be helming it.
I’d heard Benzies was leaving Rockstar more than a year ago, but when I asked the company about it at the time, they told me he was on a sabbatical following the launch of Grand Theft Auto V. Given how big that game was, that made sense!
When I checked in with Rockstar about whether Benzies had returned from sabbatical, they revealed he’d actually left the studio:
“We can confirm that Leslie Benzies went on sabbatical on September 1, 2014 and has decided not to return to work for the company. We are very grateful for Leslie’s contributions to Rockstar over the last 15 years as we worked together to make some amazing games.
Leslie helped us build an incredible team that will continue to create great experiences for our fans. Leslie will always be a friend to the company and of course we are going to miss him but we wish him the absolute best for the future.”
Rockstar North wasn’t always Rockstar North. They were originally called DMA Design. Remember Lemmings? That was DMA Design. Benzies didn’t join until 1999, where he worked as a programmer on the quirky N64 game Space Station Silicon Valley. He moved on to the Grand Theft Auto series after that shipped.
Rockstar Games is headquartered in New York and has studios around the world, including Rockstar San Diego, which served as the lead studio on Red Dead Redemption. The lengthy credit rolls for the company’s games list hundreds of developers, and Rockstar’s generally press-averse top people have long pushed the idea that their games are the result of hundreds of talented people working together.
Rockstar North is now led by longtime Rockstar veterans Aaron Garbut and Rob Nelson, both of whom have been credited as art directors on major company releases and have been part of Rockstar’s inner circle for many years.

Got back over 10 million so it's time to start working on the "Spend fucktons" on the heist equipment trophy.

Karin Armoured Karuma $525,000

Mammoth Hydra $3,000,000

HVY Insurgent Pickup $1,350,000

Principe Lectro $750,000

Total - $5,125,000

Total leftover to spend $2,875,000

Not sure what to get next. I'm considering getting the standard Insurgent as the pick up version can't be garaged. Maybe that's a good reason though, more places for cars that I can garage. I don't even know anymore. Thinking of picking a Savage up and maybe the Technical. I could just buy everything and more, but I'm waiting to see what the updates are. Depending on how many more cars part 2 of Lowriders brings I might dedicate a portion of time buying and modding them as long as there's not too many, even though I don't really like that culture of making shit cars look like they belong in an episode of The Jetsons.

I need to hold some money to one side for limited edition cars that are only available on events, sort of hoping they do one on the Valentines weekend.

As it stands I think my end game when there's literally nothing more to do it buy a yacht. Once that's done and the novelty has worn off then I'll probably shelve this game as something I play regularly. I guess it just depends on how often and what the updates include to how long I play. Really hoping for an import/tuner or some redneck hunting and vehicle lift shenanigans going on in Blaine. There's loads of underused areas up in Blaine but all we seem to get is Sandy Shores waypoints. It's a shame they don't utilize that area a bit more, it feels very under appreciated compared to the bustle of the main city.

Small took this photo of me jumping from the Vinewood Sign. It's quite nice.

CY8oIfBWcAEW4lO.jpg

I want the spotlights for the Sultan but I don't want to lose 4 door status. I might buy a V12 and have that as my 4 door choice.

I'm really glad they added some cars to the mod scene that aren't shite to drive. As cool as the lowriders are, they utterly useless for anything other than pottering about in.