passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

Had to have a bit of a rejig with my properties. Bought a garage down on the east side in preparation for filling it up with cars, but in the meantime both that and my Eclipse Towers garages are full of Sentinels to sell. I had a quick count of the cars I farmed and there's somewhere in the region of $250k ready to be drip fed into my bank account. It'll take a few sales to break even on the purchase of the 10 car garage, but 8 cars should cover it there abouts.

Those garages down on the east side are in a prime location if you've not bought one already, spitting distance from the LSC under the underpass. Ideal place for stowing cars that you plan to sell since 2 out of the 3 10 car garages are pretty much on the beaten path down that way.

Next session I'll do that VIP thing to see what that's all about. I did a check to see who could afford to kick it off in the group and it only looks like me and Troma meet the requirements. Anyone that falls under my umbrella will get 5 grand every 15 minutes in freemode though. Still not convinced it'll be worth it for me so you lot will have to convince me it's worth doing. Each kick off lasts 4 hours and can only be done every 12 hours, so if it's worth the time I can fire it up once every session. Unless we have some (unlikely) majorly long sessions where we're in freemode for over 4 hours then someone else will have to break the millionaires club and fire it off.

It might actually be adverse to both VIP's and bodyguards if money is going into each others pockets, although I guess we won't know until we try it.

Apparently the sightseer VIP mission is meant to be a right cashcow. 20k+ each for 10 minutes time. It has a cooldown on it, but I'm guessing you can fire off something else to make the time seem less. Or you could just rob a shop or sell a car to make the time pass quicker.

Sod heists. VIP is the way to make serious brass fast. It's skewed to the bodyguards getting cash and XP, so they need to push by robbing stores and selling cars in the little bits of downtime you get between VIP's being able to kick missions off. It works out a bit fairer that way for all parties. For 10 minutes work everyone gets a payout of 24.5k which can be done over and over with a cooldown of I think 10 minutes. You can always do another missions whilst that's cooling down, one paid 17k and the other paid 10k per car, I assume it either spawns a car for each person or it makes you double up on the 2 cars for some driveby support. Easy money anyway, especially if you're good at driving.

Jim, if you play with us for an hour you'll skyrocket in level and you'll be able to buy your first house and sports car before the session finishes. A few hours would buy you a luxury apartment, A few sessions would see you a super car. Same goes for anyone that's got their footing yet. If you want to go for the things that cost millions, this is the way you do it.

Good and bad news.

Good news is that if you register as a VIP that clock doesn't tick down while you are offline. I came online and walked straight back into being a VIP and made myself a tidy 200K+ off the back of it.

Bad news is that when it ran out it set the cooldown at being VIP again to 12 hours, so unless Jim wants to play GTA online at 5 in the morning then going for VIP stuff is a bust unless Troma decides to show his face.

So that fills that unknown in. If you are going to be playing with people every night, make sure you cancel your application to be VIP at the end of the session so it can cooldown for the next session. However if you plan on playing alone and there's going to be 12 hours before your next session, leave it running and make some easy bucks next time you're on.

I really think the new baseline for us should be 1 million so we can all fire it off at will. It's free money with access to easy money. If we use it cleverly we can stuff each others pockets with readies everytime we play. I think now it's just a case of working out which missions to alternate between to keep that money train rolling. Might be worth buying an Armoured Karuma and using it for those briefcase twocking missions. Those cars carry 4 and it's basically impossible to die in unless you get exploded or some silly twat manages to lose a door and you get shot up.