passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

Don't try toour much to correct a tail slide. The cars kinda snap back in line and if you try to correct you end losing the car in a fishtail spin.

The falling over on the clifftop was mental. Followed by the trek through the wilderness to get back to the road.

I also learned some new insults

I had a look at that 6 player mission this morning. It has you taking helicopters into the airport to steal a Titan aeroplane from Merryweather. I got absolutely raped trying to get the plane out of the hanger, getting in and killing everyone wasn't really that hard, but having to move the vehicle blocking the plane in and then getting in the plane without having support to protect me through the take off was impossibly difficult. Guys in jeeps rolled up as I was trying to take off and spoiled the fun.

It should be totally doable for a team though, as long as someone doesn't mind flying.

This thread is making me sad. I've had shit internet in my new flat for two weeks and now probably no internet until 28 Jan - even if I had the PS4 version of the game I couldn't join in. I'm missing fun. Even the PSN denial of service is preferable to this rubbish.

You dun fucked up by buying the version that no cunt is playing. I hope you've learnt your lesson. ;)

Seriously though, I miss you. Why did you do that? It pains me more than you realise that we'll never boost cars together like a modern day Bonnie and Clyde.

Someone, I genuinely forget who, advised on the games tm forum that stuff would only carry across from 360 to Xbox one and not onto PS4 - damage done. Anyway it's a moot point as I've still got 3 more weeks of no internet so even if I did have the PS4 version you'd probably have moved onto something else by the time I show up.

Someone, I genuinely forget who, advised on the games tm forum that stuff would only carry across from 360 to Xbox one and not onto PS4 - damage done. Anyway it's a moot point as I've still got 3 more weeks of no internet so even if I did have the PS4 version you'd probably have moved onto something else by the time I show up.

If we're still playing by the time you get your internet back properly, will you consider coming and joining us for the online larks? I think we might still have a crew running jobs, maybe not as frequently as we have people on now, but I don't think it's going to die a death.

u6igMDRPwE6sRQmCiAT_HQ_0_0.jpg

Yep, that is an MFGamers tattoo.

xMMJlv0rPEipFjgf3KTqzQ_0_0.jpg

One mission dropped us off in this very picturesque location once we'd done shooting people to bits.

Also, this is now a reality.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>I'm officially a GTAV Online millionaire. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PS4share?src=hash">#PS4share</a> <a href="http://t.co/ugMyml3SoP">pic.twitter.com/ugMyml3SoP</a></p>— Simon  (@Sly_Reflex) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sly_Reflex/status/552247396290527232">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I could, although I'd then miss out on my half million bonus as a returning player. However if you lot are still giving online attention by the end of the month I'll certainly consider it.

So I'm on the couch last night with my missus and go, "oh, Sly's just called me a dog noncer". "A dog romancer?" "Kind of, but no. A noncer" "what's that" "Well...." I miss my internet.

I was halfway through posting and you interrupted me with your stories, Small, you old salami juggler. ;)

In the box you get $1m to share between story and online. I dunno if that was a release thing, might not get it now. I'm sure the people playing here will give you some financial assistance if you make the jump. This quantitative easing might require you to shoot some people in the head. I'm sure you can manage that though.

well it seems that sly managed to roll up a million in a little over a week.

On an evening where we weren't ever really trying that aggressively to chase down money (mostly pissing around), I managed to walk off with about 90k so I can't imagine it would really take too long to rack up your magical 500k figure

Sly also put roughly 50 hours into GTA in the past week, not all of it online, but getting a mill isn't as easy as that. I reckon you're looking at about 30 hours of game time to grab a million.

I just had a look at the clock on my online time and it says I've done 56 hours. A lot of that is fucking about though, sat waiting for simeons car to arrive or for people to lose wanted so we can start missions.

money isn't really required for anything other than buying a property, ready for a heist, you can get by on free vehicles and ammo costs are trivial if you're careful on your aim.

Like I said, I don't really think that racking up 90k on an evening of genuinely fun gaming is a hard sell.

My playing goes something like boot up, sell a Baller, do a Simeon car (if it's a good one), 3 mission one after the other, repeat. You're looking at about 50 to 70k turn over. I do the Lester kill missions as well as they're minimum effort for good payout if they come up. I sometimes do security vans too, although they payout is crap now, a few grand at best.

You see, I found that the simeon car I did, netted be about 4k, for about 10 minutes work, wasn't worth it, especially given that I can do a solo race for a similar amount in about half the time (and with pretty much zero concentration required).

I am curious to know how much money everyone would get doing some custom races, I know that 1st place gets more cash, the more people are in the lobby. I know sly is keen on unlocking some upgrades which can only be done by winning races in certain classes