passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

THREE roaming data abroad

Sambob

Apparently there are plans for roaming data charges to be scrapped anyway but, at the moment they are obviously extortionate. However, if you are a 3 customer THIS is happening.

Basically in 7 countries; Austria, Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Italy, the Republic of Ireland and Sweden, you can use your data, and any other allowances you have, exactly as you would do at home. For me that means I could go to Italy and use my unlimited mobile data and not be charged a squillion billion pounds.

All details in the link, but you dont have to do anything special, it just applies to all 3 customers, I would imagine that other companies will follow suit soon.

This is amazing news for me because its one of my biggest bug bears when on holiday that I cant use my phone to look up where the nearest whatever is, find out where the fuck I am, or upload photos to twitter/FB and so on, I imagine it might be the same for one or two other people on here as well.

Good to see mobile phone companies doing something good for the customer before they absolutely have to (I know its also a very clever move anyway too, but what the hey, credit given where its due).

EDIT:
Also THIS is happening too 3, for all their customers, free of charge are upgrading you to 4G if you have a 4G capable device, and if you have all you can eat data on your 3G package, it applies to your 4G package too, FOR FREE. What the actual fuck is going on.

nice, although I'm on EE and never leave the country. Hope it happens though, and hope EE lower their 4g prices before my contract is up because fuck paying an extra £10 a month

For the maps you could always save a section of map for wherever you're going to on google maps/navigation that way you wouldn't need to use the net