passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (Shh, Don't Tell Anyone I Changed the Title)

Sly Reflex

• 3 weeks later...

That's because it's not very good really, is it? I'm glad I bought a physical copy because it's getting traded for more than I bought it for next week. Black Ops III has been getting a lot of play as my online shooter of choice. Now there's some good pew pew action.

160hrs+ in PvZ Garden Warfare with all but three characters unlocked says that buying the sequel is a no-brainer.

It's good from the little bit me and Duck played. It could do with a bit of balancing though, that rose class is super hard to kill and is generally a bit annoying to fight. Had some lag as well.

The shooting feels really nice though, reminds me of how snappy and accurate Splatoon is. New classes are a mismatch of what the opposing classes abilities used to be, and now the zombies have gun emplacements in the same way the plants have pots to plant towers in. Looks to be a very content heavy too. I'll play some more Beta and then probably slap a preorder down.

Initial impressions are excellent though. I don't understand why the filesize for the Beta is so big, I'm expecting them to unlock game modes and stuff as the test goes on because it's unnaturally large for what it is.

The amount of unlocks in there is craz-z-z-zy. I think the highest sticker number is 5500. Going off the sticker packs in game you're going to need to buy 1100 without getting consumables like emplacements or creeps. In reality that's more because you're always going to get a consumable in one of those packs they're offering.

Plus that doesn't factor in the game allowing for duplicates. I can't remember how it worked in GW1, I think you could get dupes on characters you'd not completed, but once they were finished off you never got any more stickers for that character, a bit like how when you buy a puzzle piece in streetpass games you can't get a piece for a puzzle you've already completed.

Regardless, I can't see myself getting the sticker book completed unless there's an option in there to buy very specific stickers.

EDIT: Imagine if you could swap dupes with friends? That'd be a nice touch and it'd build a community within the people that played it together too.

I don't think you'll have any issues unlocking all the characters in this game, Ed.

It looks like the 75k sticker pack unlocks. Original classes have 10 variations, while new additions have 5. Of course one of each is unlocked from the off so you have something to play with. So that's 8x9 original classes and 6x4. That's 96 alternative unlockable characters. To buy the packs guaranteeing the stickers you need to complete a class will will need to spend 7,200,000 coins. I don't know what the deal is if you already have stickers that make up part of a class because it clearly says you get 5 stickers in those 75k packs, so maybe you get dupes or maybe it bleeds over into another unlocks since it is guaranteeing an unlock.

It's hella amount of coins anyway when you look at the amount you get from playing. 2 sessions netted me about 110k coins, if you're not looking at buying consumables to add creeps or turrets you're looking at a character unlock every few days.

I had a play about with some different classes today. I'm glad they got rid of the Scientists recharge station and made his heals work like the Sunflowers, it makes so much more sense for the healers to be able to support instead of hold up areas like they had to do before. It was one of the reasons I didn't like playing as him before as you had to protect an area rather than push forwards or fall backwards with the flow of battle and being pinned to a gadget on the floor to heal seemed a bit counter intuitive.

Played some super hero as well, enjoyed him a lot, very tanky with some nice skills. I bet he can be a right menace when he's paired up with supportive players.