passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Defiance

Grizzly

So picked this up yesterday and have played about 10 hours so far and it is somewhat enjoyable so far. To give people a quick overview, this is an mmo which is available for Xbox, ps3 and PC. It plays like a third person shooter and the best part is you don't have to pay a subscription!

So my initial thoughts are; it a bit rough around the edges, being less than a week old it has a lot of the faults most new mmo's have. Slow frame rates during highly populated moments (such as the ark falls) and graphics quality is generally dictated by Internet speed (at least it appears to be, it's generally ok but gears of war it ain't)

The parts I am really enjoying so far is the loose nature of it all, there are lots of missions to do and the fact that they link up with the coming tv show adds that little extra to the whole thing. As events occur in the tv show they also take place in the game as episodic quests. I can foresee a compulsive need to keep up with the content changes as they happen.

So I am wondering, does anyone else have this? Or is anyone considering picking it up? Because this is the type of game that really needs a party up to enjoy to the fullest. Would be cool to get a clan going.

i rented this, didn't play much tbh, and already sent it back. agree with the "rough around the edges" comment. but it does seem like an interesting idea, the ark falls things are where everyone rushes to points to blow up stones/baddies, the actual blowing up stones was boring (one was a big robot which was more interesting) but the fact that 30 to 50 or so people were all doing it together was pretty cool, and when one bit dies you move on to the next, everyone spawns vehicles and sets off to the next point in some kind of mass convoy. i like the vehicle spawning too, need to go somewhere or got stuck, just spawn a new vehicle wherever you want.

• 1 year later...

I started this Sunday. I tried to start it Saturday but it wanted to download a patch. This ended up taking 6 hours and was super fun.

So anyway, Sunday. I fired it up, made a character and all that. Played through the tutorial, not having a bad time at all cheers. It's very Destiny like in that you talk to a hologram, you loot items, you rush to little public events, you unlock perks and it's online all the time.

So you could almost say if you want a worse looking, slightly shitter Destiny play this. It's alright though, i shall play some more in the week so hold on to your hats.

To be fair, he's probably not a full on idiot. He's just a fucking idiot for believing that Destiny is 100% original. I can't think of one original thing from it at all, it seems to be entirely repurposed and repackaged films and games stuff.